457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats Prashant on your visa.I have applied since 24th March 2016 and still no news.

did you company have the sponsorship approval in advance?

I have completed medical requests in May as requested. no news from DIBP at all.

Thank u!!

Have u applied online or through vfs?

Have u submitted 1221 or 80?

I am not sure whether my employer's sbs approval was done in advance though I know that they sponsored a lot of candidates.

I am thankful to my MA coz all my documents were submitted on day of applicants lodgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share some experience of my 457.

My first application in 2013 only took 6 weeks for nomination and visa granted in total. Low risk country, position as contract administrator. Wife and child came alone with me. For family reason back home, cancelled the visa.

Re-applied 2016 March 8 for nomination.

Nomination approval July 8. Took 4 months this time, don't know why.

Visa application lodged 8 July.

Visa status received.

Kind of desperate for such a long waiting compares to 3 years ago the 1st submission.

Read recent approval case from this forum. Hopefully mine will be approved by end of Aug.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Application submitted 26th July, employers nomination submitted the week before.

Nomination was approved today (16th August), does anyone have any idea how long I should expect to wait between nomination approval and my visa being granted (should they require no further info)? Applying onshore and from a LR country.

Thanks,

Gavin

Hey Gavin - Congrats on your nomination approval. Could you please provide me the link to check for nomination status. Using my immi account I can only check for my application status I guess. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also lodged nomination on May 5 and further info was submitted some time around last week of June. Status is still "application received." I'm off to Sydney. Last year it only took my colleague 3 weeks for the approval (both nomination and visa). Mine has been 3 months and counting.

Hey Gavin - Congrats on your nomination approval. Could you please provide me the link to check for nomination status. Using my immi account I can only check for my application status I guess. Thanks in advance.

Hi iAMUser, my employer informed me of the nomination approval, we're not using an agent. As far as I know there isn't a way for us to check it.

Good news - visa granted today. I was a bit worried as I didn't use an agent and prepared the application without assistance. I was thorough with submitting a complete application in order that no further info would be required.

Timeline:

457 applied onshore (Melbourne) and I'm from UK: 26th July 2016

Nomination Approved: 16th August 2016

Visa granted: 17th August 2016

Good news - visa granted today. I was a bit worried as I didn't use an agent and prepared the application without assistance. I was thorough with submitting a complete application in order that no further info would be required.

Timeline:

congratulations! Especially without any assistance :-) and that was a quick turn around...3 weeks must be the quickest I've heard.

Timeline:

Congrats Mate! Just want to ask if you submit form 80 or 1221?

I'm also doing my own application. Hopefully they won't ask for additonal docs.

Archived