457 - Current processing times

tbk

Is it true that if a new piece of information has to be provided it will be 6 weeks from receipt before the application will even be looked at again?

Been waiting more than 6 months for a decision, had to submit new info around month ago because the agent ignored info that was presented during the initial application.

It's possible? I submitted all extra information 9 weeks ago and have so far heard nothing back, despite phone calls and emails to the immigration department :-(

Jen

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's possible? I submitted all extra information 9 weeks ago and have so far heard nothing back, despite phone calls and emails to the immigration department :-(

Jen

Extremely frustrating when your life is on hold. It's been more than 9 months waiting since the application went in. Don't understand why it should take that long!

Hello! Did anyone got their visa granted recently?

I haven't had mine granted (yet!) But I did get a sent information on standard processing times:

From submission to initial check & case officer allocation - 40 working days

To respond after additional info submitted via immi account - 28 working days

To respond after additional info submitted via email - 29-56 working days

Although this isn't true in my case as they've already taken 45+ working days to not look at the information I've submitted :'( hopefully you don't have much longer to wait :-)

I haven't had mine granted (yet!) But I did get a sent information on standard processing times:

From submission to initial check & case officer allocation - 40 working days

To respond after additional info submitted via immi account - 28 working days

To respond after additional info submitted via email - 29-56 working days

Although this isn't true in my case as they've already taken 45+ working days to not look at the information I've submitted :'( hopefully you don't have much longer to wait :-)

Hi! Thanks for your answer and good words! :)

Yeah... When you contacted them, did they even responded to your email or phone call? Did they refused to answer you for the processing time, or they didn't even know how long it would take?

Poor you... Hope we get an answer soon...

From which country are you applying? Low or high risk?

Hi! Thanks for your answer and good words! :)

Yeah... When you contacted them, did they even responded to your email or phone call? Did they refused to answer you for the processing time, or they didn't even know how long it would take?

Poor you... Hope we get an answer soon...

From which country are you applying? Low or high risk?

They wouldn't answer any questions over the phone and said I had to send an email for an update on my application, which I have done and I got a standard automated response (which is where I got the processing times from) They're supposed to have responded to my email within 5 working days but I'm still waiting!

I'm onshore in Victoria from a low risk country :-)

We are currently waiting for my husband's 457 to allow us to go to Brisbane from the uk,does anyone know best case processing times? He is stressing me out,organising for this that and the other,all on the assumption our visa will arrive within the 8 week time frame,but he hopes it will take less time. I am soooo nervous,I would prefer not to make plans until the visa is granted!:cry:

hi,

nomination and sbs applied on the april 19 -

visa lodge may 30

nomination and sbs granted on june 5

visa not yet granted ( going for three weeks now )

still crossing fingers....

your sbs and nomination approved so i guess your visa will be granted soon....all the best..

for us....sbs and nomination lodged on 17th may

visa lodged on 30th may..

the total processing time is calculated from the day sbs and nomination lodged or from the day visa is lodged??

no idea whether the sbs and nomination is approved or not yet..

SBS got approved today !

SBS lodged - 9th may

Nomination and visa application lodged - 17th may

It's only been 2 weeks and I'm

Already email checking daily [emoji849]

Any good news anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey laurenday..any updates on ur visa??

Finally my visa has been granted!!

My timeline is as follows:

Application lodged - 28/02/16

C/O allocated & further info requested & sent - 05/04/16

Medical - 12/04/16

Visa approved - 16/06/16

I'm onshore, in Victoria, from a low risk country, my employer had sponsored before & I didn't use a migration agent :-)

Good luck to everyone still waiting :-)

Medical - 12/04/16

Visa approved - 16/06/16

I'm onshore, in Victoria, from a low risk country, my employer had sponsored before & I didn't use a migration agent :-)

Yeahhh that's good news! Though it took more than 2 months to get an answer from them after you submitted further documents.. That's a bit more than the 28 working days they said...! Is it the same case officer who granted your visa?

So happy for you!! :)

Yeahhh that's good news! Though it took more than 2 months to get an answer from them after you submitted further documents.. That's a bit more than the 28 working days they said...! Is it the same case officer who granted your visa?

So happy for you!! :)

Thank you :-) I'm sure yours won't be long now.............

It did take closer to 10 weeks between submission of my medical information (I had to have blood tests as I work in health care so that final piece of info was with them a week after my medical) they certainly dragged their heels!

It wasn't the same case officer's name on my grant as the person who had initially requested the information, perhaps it got taken over by someone else as my original person was being too slow? :-/

All good now though, I can finally start work!!

Medical - 12/04/16

Visa approved - 16/06/16

Fab news! Congratulations!

Medical - 12/04/16

Visa approved - 16/06/16

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

No! They requested extra information for the nomination so probably at the back of the queue again [emoji1304] have you had any update?

no...immi account still shows application received....

Hi guys

I have been reading this forum since last 2 months but never posted. I like to share my timeline.

Nomination approved 3 feb 2016

457 applied 12 feb 2016

Refused 21 march 2016

Reason: educational qualification is not relevant to nominated position.

So, I have got more qualification through RPL and re applied.

Re applied on 17 May 2016

current status '' application received''.

I AM ONSHORE.

Archived