457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine was lodged 21st September. Nomination was approved 16th December. Still waiting for my approval.

Wow this is a very long and unusual waiting time. Did you call or email immi? What position are you applying for and are you from a low or high risk country? In any case, it shouldn't take that long.

Wow this is a very long and unusual waiting time. Did you call or email immi? What position are you applying for and are you from a low or high risk country? In any case, it shouldn't take that long.

I have contacted them and they haven't really been very helpful with their answers. It's a customer service manager position in a removal firm. I'm from a low risk country. I was aware of a few issues before hand which would slow my process down but didn't realise it would slow it down this much.

We had our 457 visa granted in 12th May 2015 after immi received our medical insurance certificate on the 24th March 2015. Which I believe to be the last info they will ask for before they can issue a visa? Fingers crossed for you, I don't think you have much longer to wait [emoji1303][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My timeline. I'm from South Africa (high risk) going to Sydney:

Early Jan 2016 job offer

19 Jan - 457 application submitted

29 Jan - Docs submitted

2 Feb - Medical exams

5 Feb - Medicals submitted

I have been told from my employer that there's a backlog with CO's being assigned. Expected wait of 4 - 6 weeks. Hoping it's not that long.

Archived