457 - Current processing times

tbk

How thrilling for you...I still remember the numbing wait and the exhilaration of seeing the change in status.

Are you still planning to move this year?

Yup. I leave January 8th (start date is February 22nd). Gonna do a bit of vacay and start getting things set up. I made sure to include my January 8th departure date on the application, in hopes that Immigration sees it and speeds things up a little. Looks like it may have worked in my favor :)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,

My application was lodged on November 5 and medical examinations were accepted on November 10th. We actually had the Chest X-Rays while visiting Sydney for 1 week. Nothing has changed since then, the status is still "Application Received" and they have not requested any additional documents.

I am starting to get nervous, as I was planning to travel on January 14th.

Has more people been getting delays when lodged in early November?

Thanksk,

Hello all,

My application was lodged on November 5 and medical examinations were accepted on November 10th. We actually had the Chest X-Rays while visiting Sydney for 1 week. Nothing has changed since then, the status is still "Application Received" and they have not requested any additional documents.

I am starting to get nervous, as I was planning to travel on January 14th.

Has more people been getting delays when lodged in early November?

Thanksk,

Hi, I am late November and mine is still application received. Are you going on your own or have you anyone included on your visa?

Hi, I am late November and mine is still application received. Are you going on your own or have you anyone included on your visa?

My wife is also included in my application. The company that is sponsoring me has sponsored several 457 candidates before.

My wife is also included in my application. The company that is sponsoring me has sponsored several 457 candidates before.

Yes, same although my partner and I are not married. I'm from a low risk country but I don't think that really matters. I'm really hoping I get it this week. Due to start work on the 18th Jan

Yes, same although my partner and I are not married. I'm from a low risk country but I don't think that really matters. I'm really hoping I get it this week. Due to start work on the 18th Jan

We are on the same boat then... Good luck to you, I hope we both get it this week.

Do the processing times vary by center?

I was told by the Migration Agent and my new employer that 457s are typically processed in 2-4 weeks and this whole process began back in the summer. Job offer came through in early November and the employer was ready to submit the visa so we handed in all of our notices and planned to travel on the 18th Jan. Employer then decided that we should use a migration agent which triggered a whole set of delays... Long story short the visa application went in on Dec 8th. The agent was confident we would get a decision in early Jan and from application date to travel was 6 weeks so even including the holidays we figured we would be ok. But we haven't heard anything yet and we are all getting a bit twitchy...

I was told by the Migration Agent and my new employer that 457s are typically processed in 2-4 weeks and this whole process began back in the summer. Job offer came through in early November and the employer was ready to submit the visa so we handed in all of our notices and planned to travel on the 18th Jan. Employer then decided that we should use a migration agent which triggered a whole set of delays... Long story short the visa application went in on Dec 8th. The agent was confident we would get a decision in early Jan and from application date to travel was 6 weeks so even including the holidays we figured we would be ok. But we haven't heard anything yet and we are all getting a bit twitchy...

It can vary based on a number of things - you can look back in this thread and others like it and find some people getting it within weeks, some a month, and for some unfortunately longer than a few months.

Having kept an eye on others getting theirs whilst I wait for mine, if the sponsor and nomination has already been approved and if you're a single applicant from a low-risk country with all your paperwork in order, it seems to be about a month at the moment. The more complex the application is (high-risk country, additional people on the application, lack of documents/evidence etc) then it would make sense for it to be longer as they have to do a lot more checks.

How long did you nomination process take? And where are you heading to?

Nomination approved 05/01/16 and applied 457 visa 06/01/16.

Hopping to get visa within 2-4 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also didn't hear anything yet.. My status is still on application received. I wish, the status would at least switch to being in progress to see that things are happening..

good luck to you!

Has anybody heard anything yet?? It is totally doing my head in! Meant to be starting my job on the 18th.... fingers crossed for us all

I'm a bit late on that but congrats C2A! Awesome news! Safe travels and enjoy the last few days before your move to Australia :)

Well everyone, I hadn't checked my Immuaccount in about 5 or 6 days figuring that the holiday season would yield no result in my visa application. I decided to check about 15 minutes ago because something told me I should check it. Lo and behold, the status changed to "finalised" as of December 24th. So based on that, I'm assuming that my 457 was granted December 24!!! So I'm officially moving to Darwin!!! I'm still in a bit of shock. I was expecting no movement until well into January due to the holiday season. Instead, I ended up with the best Christmas gift ever!!! I am so thankful to our Lord for blessing me with this opportunity of a lifetime; this is only happening because of him!

So I would suggest everyone stay faithful; your time will come soon enough :)

I was told by the Migration Agent and my new employer that 457s are typically processed in 2-4 weeks and this whole process began back in the summer.

From what I've seen on forums lately and experience with my company's applicants, I'd say they are typically processed in 1-3 months so you may still have some time to go. Hopefully yours will be one of the quicker ones, but I'd hold off booking flights until you have your grant notice in hand.

Hi Guys,

I am new in this Thread.

I have also applied for 457 Visa.

My employer started all process from scratch. They applied for SBS (Standard Business Sponsorship)

Applied for SBS in end of November.

We are still waiting to get approved.

Is any one know current processing time for SBS, Nomination and Approval ?

Please Help me.

I am worry about the delay processing as I need this visa ASAP.

Thanks in advance.....

Hi Guys,

I am new in this Thread.

I have also applied for 457 Visa.

My employer started all process from scratch. They applied for SBS (Standard Business Sponsorship)

Applied for SBS in end of November.

We are still waiting to get approved.

Is any one know current processing time for SBS, Nomination and Approval ?

Please Help me.

I am worry about the delay processing as I need this visa ASAP.

Thanks in advance.....

Hi everyone

So my fiancé and I in the same boat as many others - waiting for the 457. Thought I'd join the thread to be amongst others who understand this process while we wait.

Our application was lodged by a MA (TSS, Vic) on 19 November which feels sooooooo long ago when I'm checking my emails for new in a daily basis ?. We're planning to move to the Mornington Penninsula area in Victoria. My employer is getting registered as a 467 a.ongside my application for the visa and I wonder if this, along with Christmas, is part of the delay? Just wish it would come through. We have sold up, left jobs and feel somewhat in limbo while we wait.

Weve got tourist visas as a back-up plan (to allow us to potentiallywait in Austrlaia for the 457 visa) but having read recent threads about issues entering Australia on a tourist visa with a 1-way flight we don't think this is such a good back up plan anymore.

So the waiting continues......

Really hope visa news is coming through for others.

I still have no news about my visa.... the visa was lodged end of November. My job starts next Monday. I keep having to remind myself that it has only been 6 weeks... although every morning I wake up hoping that my visa will arrive. Fingers crossed that we all hear good news this week

I wish the immigration homepage would provide a number of applications which are ahead of your own application - like a wait list. This way we could at least see that something is moving, where so far we don't see anything. My status is still on Application Received -.-

Archived