457 - Current processing times

tbk

Hi Pags, welcome to the board.

Just reading through your post. It sounds like the request to your employer was for the nomination part of the application.

There are 3 stages. Sponsorship approval, nomination and then the visa application. If your employer is already an approved sponsor then that's the first hurdle done. Then it's nomination. That's where they nominate you for a position.

Do you know if nomination had been approved yet?

For my first 457 application it all got processed together. This time I waited until nomination was approved before lodging the final application paperwork. It's been 8 weeks since I lodged the paperwork after Nomination approval.

Ask your Migration agent to find out if nomination had been approved yet.

There's a few of us been waiting for around 8 weeks now so it seems there is a common pattern of backlog.

Where are you heading? Do you know which processing centre your application has been sent to?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the quick response!

the employer is an approved sponsor and it's at the nomination stage just now. They asked for further info from employe which was submitted 2 weeks ago.

my wife has employment in Mornington peninsula in Melbourne. We have rented our house out and just waiting.

so after this nomination has been approved then they still have to process our last part of visa for ourselves?

dosent look like we will be over for Xmas like we first thought.

Thanks for the quick response!

the employer is an approved sponsor and it's at the nomination stage just now. They asked for further info from employe which was submitted 2 weeks ago.

my wife has employment in Mornington peninsula in Melbourne. We have rented our house out and just waiting.

so after this nomination has been approved then they still have to process our last part of visa for ourselves?

dosent look like we will be over for Xmas like we first thought.

Sometimes they do the visa part in parallel to the main application as the information should all be there. Have you submitted a decision ready application? Did you fill in a few forms and sent lots of certified copies of birth certificates etc?

Sometimes they do the visa part in parallel to the main application as the information should all be there. Have you submitted a decision ready application? Did you fill in a few forms and sent lots of certified copies of birth certificates etc?

my immi agency had all details re birth certificates and all info they needed.

i dunno about the decision ready application or if they submitted one.

suppose I'll have to sit and wait like all others on here. I hope they've done it parallel with both parts of visa as my wife's employer wants her on a training course on 23rd nov. he seems quite calm and relaxed about the situation but that must be the laid back Aussie attitude. I'm the panicking worried Scottish guy!

my immi agency had all details re birth certificates and all info they needed.

i dunno about the decision ready application or if they submitted one.

suppose I'll have to sit and wait like all others on here. I hope they've done it parallel with both parts of visa as my wife's employer wants her on a training course on 23rd nov. he seems quite calm and relaxed about the situation but that must be the laid back Aussie attitude. I'm the panicking worried Scottish guy!

It's definitely the Aussie way!

Go with the flow as best you can. I know it's really tough. These delays make it tough. There's a few of us on here that'll lend an ear when you need it.

We're all in it together at the moment ?

Tbh just not feeling that confident maybe due to the fact that everynight I go to bed full of hope only to wake up and come back down with a bump.

so hard to try and keep positive when you don't get even a small idea about whats happening

see what tomorrow brings now

Hello all,

this is forum must have brought me luck. After me coming on here panicking about never hearing I woke up this morning to say visa had been approved! 7 and a half weeks it took since the initial visa was lodged and employer was already approved sponsor when I handed my visa in.

thanks for the helpful responses I got yesterday and hope you all here good news soon like I have.

thanks

from a a now relaxed and happy scot.

Hello all,

this is forum must have brought me luck. After me coming on here panicking about never hearing I woke up this morning to say visa had been approved! 7 and a half weeks it took since the initial visa was lodged and employer was already approved sponsor when I handed my visa in.

thanks for the helpful responses I got yesterday and hope you all here good news soon like I have.

thanks

Congrats Pags!!! Good news hey....at least one of us got good news this week!!! Brought me hope...kkk

Where are you heading to and where the visa as lodged?

Hey welcome to the forum Pags and congratulations!

Also, I have some good news too.. : ) Success also for ourselves! The door has opened, visas granted. Out we go, or here we come, depending on which way you look at it. It was eight weeks from application, including a couple of 'further information' requests.

All the best for everyone still waiting! Your time will come.

Now I will pop over to a different forum section.

Hey welcome to the forum Pags and congratulations!

Also, I have some good news too.. : ) Success also for ourselves! The door has opened, visas granted. Out we go, or here we come, depending on which way you look at it. It was eight weeks from application, including a couple of 'further information' requests.

All the best for 99flake, Bellwood, Cosmic Stoner and everyone still waiting! Your time will come.

Now I will pop over to a different forum section.

OMG yoghurt!!! That's bloomin brilliant!!

Where was your visa processed?

Hello all,

thanks

Congrats Pags, I hope this sets a trend! Safe travels [emoji2]

OMG yoghurt!!! That's bloomin brilliant!!

Where was your visa processed?

Melbourne, which appears is the same as Pags. So I think our two applications were in the same pile for sure.

Not exactly related, but we visited Scotland for the first time ever this summer and we really enjoyed it, so I'm also going to say that Pags joining the forum bought us luck too..

Melbourne, which appears is the same as Pags. So I think our two applications were in the same pile for sure.

Not exactly related, but we visited Scotland for the first time ever this summer and we really enjoyed it, so I'm also going to say that Pags joining the forum bought us luck too..

Hmmm... looks good for Melbourne based peeps then. I guess the brisvegas crew are doomed to wait!

Ho hum... another week [emoji20]

Has anyone had a grant from Parramatta lately? I'm heading to Sydney, but got shipped to the Brisbane Centre.

Is there anyone who is waiting for an answer from Perth? It is so frustrating: my employer has successfully sponsored our chef his application was very quick, only a couple of weeks and it was last June, end of the financial year here in Australia. Mine is taking ages! Does anyone know what the delay could be? Do I need to worry about it?

:wacko:

Archived