457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting here too.... hopefully not going into next week, but who knows nearly two months now. Hoping for a flurry of acceptances on here... this thread has been so quiet recently! How do we know what processing centre our applications are at? Also, besides my employer name on Immi it says processing... is this normal? Cheers :)

I know because when they have asked for more information it says on the bottom of the email which processing centre the CO is based. I don't think there is a way to find out online.

I'm fed up now. This is our second application. Our first 457 was processed and granted in 4 weeks. We're low risk and nomination is already approved. It seems that there is a backlog.

Will tonight be the night or are we all facing another weekend of people asking when are you leaving !!!

wish I had a £1 for everyone who has asked because I could live in OZ without having to work again I'd be that rich :wink:

Tell me about it. I feel like saying "you'll know when I get my visa as I'll be conspicuous by my absence"!

Same here, still lurking about this waiting room. I imagine it like we're in a little enclosed gloomy space all peering out small portholes, seeing the beaches, sand, waves, people having fun and the blue sky all off in the distance. There are two doors in the room, and they are shut. A good door and a bad door, but we only focus on the good door, afterall, it's bigger and facing in the right direction. Someone in the room occasionally knocks on this door, listening for signals. Is anyone out there? Are they are even aware we are in here? Now and again the door opens, filling the room with warm blinding light and a gust of clean fresh air, and letting someone out. Moomoo not long ago, after being granted passge through the good door, passed by again, smiled through the small porthole from the other side and offered us all words of encouragement, which were much appreciated. The rest of us continue to wait. Still here. Still in limbo.

Same here, still lurking about this waiting room. I imagine it like we're in a little enclosed gloomy space all peering out small portholes, seeing the beaches, sand, waves, people having fun and the blue sky all off in the distance. There are two doors in the room, and they are shut. A good door and a bad door, but we only focus on the good door, afterall, it's bigger and facing in the right direction. Someone in the room occasionally knocks on this door, listening for signals. Is anyone out there? Are they are even aware we are in here? Now and again the door opens, filling the room with warm blinding light and a gust of clean fresh air, and letting someone out. Moomoo not long ago, after being granted passge through the good door, passed by again, smiled through the small porthole from the other side and offered us all words of encouragement, which were much appreciated. The rest of us continue to wait. Still here. Still in limbo.

God that was poetic!

Still no news here.

Booooo!

Hello Everyone,

This is my very first post but I have been following all your stories for quite a while.

My partner and I are in pain too and we would like to share our current timeline.

On July 28th we submitted our onshore 457 visa application one week after my employer lodged the nomination application for cafe/restaurant manager. We are in Perth on my 573 student visa at the moment.

After a little more than 2 weeks my boss was asked to provide further documents to support the fact that the sponsorship is for a genuine position while I was asked to provide documents to prove that my partner and I are in a de facto relationship. The deadlines were September 4th and September and 8th respectively.

Further documents were provided on August 23rd for the de facto and September 2nd for the genuine position.

We are still waiting... No nomination and no visa approvals yet.

I see you are all counting the weeks: if I count from my first submission they are a bit more than 13 weeks; if a count from the deadline date for the submission of further documents they are 7 weeks.

I really hope I will know something next week. My list of things to do and buy after the visa is granted is getting longer and longer...

Subdivided loving your description of the waiting process very nice way of putting it in writing,I think that door must be jammed and they are waiting for a tradesman to come and repair it only they are on holiday leaving us poor souls stuck in the room for the foreseeable future

Glad you both liked it : )

Welcome Cippalippa. There are others who know a lot more about the process than I, but from my understanding, your company needs to be an approved sponsor already, and it can a few months for them to set this up, if it's possible. Cases vary but for us, was a few weeks before nomination approval and it's been nearly two months since then, with extra infomation added to the application along the way. Not much we can do apart from wait, and keep busy in the mean time, as it's not a quick process.

hi all those in the waiting club

Start of yet another week of anxiety,tension,stress,hope,expectation,ups,downs,highs and lows

surely one of us has to get some good news this week.lets Keep everything crossed and just hope for some GREAT news for atleast one or two of us

hi all those in the waiting club

Start of yet another week of anxiety,tension,stress,hope,expectation,ups,downs,highs and lows

surely one of us has to get some good news this week.lets Keep everything crossed and just hope for some GREAT news for atleast one or two of us

I'll second that kiddo!!

hi Bellwood

got furniture being collected on Wednesday and tenants moving in our house on Saturday so I suppose you could say we are getting desperate for news.

Mine and my sons Bday on Tuesday so hoping for a nice little email to open :wink:

hi Bellwood

got furniture being collected on Wednesday and tenants moving in our house on Saturday so I suppose you could say we are getting desperate for news.

Mine and my sons Bday on Tuesday so hoping for a nice little email to open :wink:

I've emailed the CO directly to ask for an update. I've no job in the UK as of next week and our landlord is selling up too. Our furniture gets into port 10th November.

Given this is our second 457 I am shocked it's taking this long. They must be absolutely overrun with applications.

let us no if CO answers your email

will be interesting to see what response you get

Indeed. I'll keep you posted.

It's getting desperate here now and we need an answer.

We're not high risk and we've jumped through all these hoops 4 years ago.

Enough already!!!

Hello all,

this is my first post and glad it's not just me in the same Position about waiting on visa.

we lodged our 457 visa 7 weeks ago and was told by tss Immigration that it was a straightforward case and we should have visa within 4 weeks.

it cost us a lot of money as its visa for my 2 kids and wife. We got told that 2 weeks ago they needed genuine need info from employer and that was submitted the same day.

does anybody know after the nomination what is the next stage of the visa? And I assume people have been waiting a lot longer than my 7 week timescale.

Archived