don't want to sound cheeky but how much money did people save up to go over to Perth with?

we are planning to take £20,000 is that enough?

If you were planning on getting jobs in the near future I would have though that would be enough, guess it depends how many for, when you planning on securing employment, how much you want to spend on a rental and if this estimate includes the costs of moving over too ie.flights, container, short term accomodation etc.

We wont be taking that much - but would be nice too :-) Hoping to take about 3 months salary and get jobs pretty soon!

How long is a piece of string?Look fwiw,it depends on several factors.What your lifestyle choices are like,do you have jobs already lined up?Where are you planning to live?Are you planning on buying cars?Have you got a plan B incase you don't get jobs for say 6 mths or longer?Do you have kids and have to factor in their extra costs?

We are staying with family for 3 months and hoping to get jobs asap.

There will be 2 adults and 1 baby. We have factored in flights and visa costs. The 20k will be to set up over there. We are not sure of where to live families are in hillarys but that area quite expensive.

So really that money is to buy a car, start renting somewhere, general bits n bobs to set up, food etc. Until we get jobs.

Hmmm take a look at realestate.com.au and Ebay Australia for cars.This would give you an idea of how much in a ball park figure you'd need. Coles.com.au and Woolworths.com.au are supermarkets.Plug in your folk's postcode and do a virtual shop.What are you planning to work as?

Having lost a massive amount on the sale of our UK house but committed to coming to Australia, we came over in 2012 with a job secured for me, including the use of a company vehicle for an indefinite period (turned out to be a couple of months).

We had paid for 2 months in holiday accommodation before leaving the UK.

Upon arrival we had about $3000 to our name which lasted until my first pay day, 2 weeks after we arrived. We used our $3000 carefully, only buying food etc.

By the time we left the holiday accommodation after 2 months I'd been paid 3 times which gave us a healthy rental deposit and deposit on a car.

It was VERY tight at times but we're now living comfortably.

It depends on how confident you are of finding work and what visa you're on, but I would have though 20k would be plenty.

Much depends on if you have a job and what you need to buy and what's already covered (ie holiday rental for first few weeks). I had a job to go to after 2 weeks, we had a paid up rental for 6 weeks so no bills and we bought all second hand stuff to kit the house out. We bought about $5000k from memory. Used that for 2 used cars and other bits and pieces, wages from last pay day in UK covered food etc and first pay covered rental bond I think....

Much depends on if you have a job and what you need to buy and what's already covered (ie holiday rental for first few weeks). I had a job to go to after 2 weeks, we had a paid up rental for 6 weeks so no bills and we bought all second hand stuff to kit the house out. We bought about $5000k from memory. Used that for 2 used cars and other bits and pieces, wages from last pay day in UK covered food etc and first pay covered rental bond I think....

Wow, you bought 5 million dollars with you. I better rethink how much money I am going to need, lol.

Archived