Scenario Partner Visa 8503

Vikki81

Hi guys

Just a question out of curiosity.

Lets say I was married to a man from Thailand and we had a child together. I am an Australian citizen so my so my child will be Australian citizen by birth. My husband (from Thailand) is here on a tourist visa which will expire in a month. Unfortunately he has condition 8503 on his visa - will an Australian citizen child be sufficient to waive this condition?

I've heard of this situation a couple of times but never know what would happen. If anyone can shed some light it would be great

Thank you :wink:

Guest MigrateAustralia

Vikki, in order to waive the 8503 condition, your husband would need to show that since his Tourist visa was granted, compelling and compassionate circumstances have developed:

· over which he had no control; and

· that resulted in a major change to his circumstances.

Having a child is not generally deemed to be something over which you had no control. If you were pregnant at the time your husband was granted the Tourist visa, then having the child is not likely to be accepted as a major change in circumstances. You can, of course, lodge the waiver request and put forward all of the circumstances but it will be up to a case officer to decide if there are sufficient compassionate and compelling reasons for the 8503 to be waived.

All the best to you and your family.

Warm regards,

Christel

Archived