Sign in to follow this  
sabink

Employment References for Skills Assessment

Hi

Can anybody offer any advice for this?

i.e. when they got them? the format? how they applied for old ones? what they did in the case where one was hard to get?

I am also currently contracting, and Hays can only provide details of my job title and periods worked = not any skills. Am I going to have to let my boss know that these are my plans and can I have a character reference?

Thanks

Karl

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest Bet

Hi ya when we were doing the references for my other half to get his trade recognised we came across loads of problems, he has been a self employed brickie for the past ten years, so as you can imagine he had done a lot. What we were told to do by our agent was to get as much information from third parties as poss and used Statements of Declaration for any areas which we were having problems with ie some contractors had gone bust, you need to complete and then sign infornt of a solicitor to say that you agree that it is a true statement. Good luck :D

Guest kazzy01

Hi Sabink

I'm an accountant and have been contracting for the last two years. I found that previous employers where I had contracted were reluctant to give me a reference, however I found that if I contacted the agency who I temped through they were more than happy to help me.

I simply drafted them a letter emailed it to them and got them to print it on headed paper and send out to me.

Karen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MrsWayLay17
        We're looking to settle in Hervey Bay. Originally being from Brisbane I can't envisage us living back in a big city.  Does anyone have any links with HB and know if it would be well suited for a family of four with their children of Primary school age.  What is the employment scenario like there? I've looked online and that's been helpful but I was hoping some of you would be able to give their insight.  

Are there any areas around HB (Not Maryborough) that you think is worth checking out? Keen to go anywhere from Bribie Island area right up towards Bundy but not quite as far as that! HB preferable. 
      • By Raz434
        Hi all,
        looking for any advise / knowledge around this. Continuously paying different amounts of money to different people and hearing differing opinions, its all rather confusing. 
        I have an honors degree (4 years) graduated 2013. Psychology.
        have worked in the field in my field 2.8 years.
        on a 457 visa, have a sponsor to do 186 but have not been with them 2 years.
        my degree is deemed not relevant to my occupation. Residential Care Officer. 
        Positive skill assessment thus came out as 0.8

The assessment is used to help points based visa. Is 186 a points based visa? Does my degree need to be 'relevant' for my sponsored job? 

• By Teapot2991
        Hello!!!
        I am currently in the process of organising my skills assessment with VETASSESS (the assessing body for hairdressing here in Oz)... I have a Cert III in Hairdressing (Oz qualification) now.
        Was wondering if anyone has done a skills assessment recently?? I'm unsure what documents I need, do I need to supply ALL of my payslips or just an example from employers to prove full time employment??
        Any help would be so much appreciated! Very stressful!!
      • By Martin Moving to OZ
        Hello to the beautiful people of pomsinoz.
        I have a question that has been confusing me.
        The Question is:
        Once you get a positive assessment by TRA. How much time do we have to apply for the EOI (Expression of Interest)? Since I need to do IELTS during this time too.