Expat meet ups in Melbourne?

Hey all,

My partner and I are recent migrants to Melbourne - 3 months in now.

All is going well although we have a few concerns & would love to have some folk around to chat to who have gone through similar.

We wondered if there were any meet ups planned or discussion groups or anything that helps new migrants navigate their new landscape so to speak.

We have Australian friends and all the people we have met so far have been super friendly but its always god to have a group of people who have been there and done that when we have questions.

We would be grateful for any info if there are any groups like that around in the Melbourne area :smile:

Thanks

Clare & David

Hey akiralx - we will need a car for that one but it could be a goer

Or give us a shout if you are in Melbourne :)

I commute to Melbourne every day, but I can recommend the simple hour-long train journey from Southern Cross to Geelong at the weekend - loads to see down here.

1932198_10152021484655954_2087753893_n.jpg

1932198_10152021484655954_2087753893_n.jpg

Hi Clare

We are in Mont Albert and the wife works in Northcote - we arrived in March this year. I don't know about any groups but would be happy to arrange a catch up over coffee or something stronger. We're nearly a year in and loving everything about it with of course some frustrations here and there..

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

hi, sorry never replied - just saw this oops! Theres always something happening in Mordy Bayside. You should deffo pop down on a Sat eve in February, theres Blues & Jazz on the reserve by the marina and also the food and wine festival on the last weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It normally finishes around 9pm....its every Sat in Feb! :) Nope...we don't have any kids, but a few people we know do.

Hi we are in mordy we would love to come. When does it finish as we are at friends in the afternoon. Our children have just started parkdale school today, do you have children? X

Archived