long term rental in Perth wa

Guest alfixie

Guest alfixie

Is it possible to get a long term rental from the uk before you leave, if not how long should we get a short term for. Looking in the Mindarie area.

Thanking you in advance.

Marina.

We managed to secure a 12 week (private) furnished rental for when we arrived via the internet (until our furniture arrived), I haven't gone through the rental process here so don't know if it's possible to go through it from the UK. I know Minlady told me that she had to drive by the property's first before she could submit an interest - drop her a line I'm sure she'll be able to tell you the process

Ali

Guest mandy1

Hi Marina

We got a short term holiday let to begin with which gave us time to recover from the journey and a comfortable base to check out longer term rentals from . We stayed in Mullalloo and got the place on Holiday Lettings and Rentals, Apartments and Villas, Private Accommodation to Rent Worldwide We are now South of the river and in a 6 month rental. Most agents will want you to have viewed the property prior to making an application. When you get here have a look on Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au as they have lists of rental properties. You will see that they usually have viewings of a place in 10-15 min slots. When you view there will possibly be loads of other people viewing at the same time (don't panic though) If you like the place you will be required to fill in an application and pay what they call an option fee (usually 1 weeks rent) if you are successful that goes towards your rent, if not you get it back.We offered to pay 6 months rent in advance as we had no rental history and we were offered both of the properties we went for. Hope this helps

Mandy x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RobandSoph
Is it possible to get a long term rental from the uk before you leave, if not how long should we get a short term for. Looking in the Mindarie area.

Thanking you in advance.

Marina.

It is generally quite difficult to get a long term rental before you leave. Many people find it a good idea to get a short term furnished rental for a couple of months when they first arrive to give them a chance to explore areas and wait for furniture etc. It's what we tried to do when we first arrived but had problems finding a good one. We have a fully furnished property that we rent out short or long term which is perfect for people just arriving in Oz. It's in Clarkson, just a 5 minute drive to Mindarie, and is on the rentalsinoz.com site. Here's the link RentalsInOz.com - Your perfect home from home Send me a PM if you want more info.

Thanking you in advance.

Marina.

Hi

In securing a rental you have to in most cases physically look at the property on viewing then see if you are selected, we are in a new house rental in Somerly like a poster says its only across the Marmion from Mindarie, and rentals seem to be a lot cheaper.

Malx

aka Billy NM

Archived