Question on providing work history

Andygall

Hello all quick question !

I have to provide evidence of work for my skilled visa ! The inland revenue only go back 6 years so I only have a reference letter to prove I worked for a company prior to that !

What work evidence do I need to provide the immigration for my visa ??

also I know this sounds bad but I want to add an extra 1 year onto my work reference and work history to give me the points I need for my visa , so yes I'll be telling a little white lie ! Is this bad ? Will I get caught if so what will the punishment be ?????

Hello all quick question !

I have to provide evidence of work for my skilled visa ! The inland revenue only go back 6 years so I only have a reference letter to prove I worked for a company prior to that !

What work evidence do I need to provide the immigration for my visa ??

also I know this sounds bad but I want to add an extra 1 year onto my work reference and work history to give me the points I need for my visa , so yes I'll be telling a little white lie ! Is this bad ? Will I get caught if so what will the punishment be ?????

I'm going to answer the second question first.

Do NOT lie on your visa application.

If you do, you WILL be caught and you WILL lose your Visa Application Charge. If it is seen to be a deliberate lie, you will also end up with an automatic ban on reapplying for another visa for 3 years and you will probably never get another visa if you apply after that.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Live/Pages/document-fraud.aspx PIC 4020

If you need more points, do IELTS or one of the other English tests for additional points.

The type of employment evidence you need to provide will depend to some extent on the requirements of the skills assessment authority for your occupation. DIBP's requirements are included on the visa checklist:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/189.aspx

I'm going to answer the second question first.

Do NOT lie on your visa application.

If you do, you WILL be caught and you WILL lose your Visa Application Charge. If it is seen to be a deliberate lie, you will also end up with an automatic ban on reapplying for another visa for 3 years and you will probably never get another visa if you apply after that.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Live/Pages/document-fraud.aspx PIC 4020

If you need more points, do IELTS or one of the other English tests for additional points.

The type of employment evidence you need to provide will depend to some extent on the requirements of the skills assessment authority for your occupation. DIBP's requirements are included on the visa checklist:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/189.aspx

If false or misleading information is submitted, it does not matter that it was done unintentionally, the penalty still applies and after the three-year exclusion period a further application could be adversely affected.

If false or misleading information is submitted, it does not matter that it was done unintentionally, the penalty still applies and after the three-year exclusion period a further application could be adversely affected.

I was only asking if I could get away with putting an extra year down on my reference , how can they find out , the inland revenue only have records going back 6 years ! I'm not lying about my age , criminal record etc it's an extra year on my work history ! . I have all other evidence and pay slips up to date so can you tell me how they would find out about that extra year ????

thanks

I have no experience in skilled visas, but surely you would need to provide more than a reference to show you worked for that year you are trying to claim you worked - when you didn't?? Surely you would still need to show bank statements or payslips to confirm that work you are trying to claim.

If you don't have enough points to qualify for a visa then you are not entitled to one! Fact! If you feel that lying is the correct route to go down, then just remember your lies are potentially stopping another applicant who meets all the points criteria from maybe fulfilling their dream as you could be taking their place. If you have the correct number of points already, then that's great, so why lie?

It may be a harsh fact, but the points system is there for a reason and if you don't qualify, like many people don't, then you're sadly not entitled to a visa.

If you feel lying is the correct moral route to go down then that's your choice.....

so yes I'll be telling a little white lie !

I'd hardly classify visa fraud as "a little white lie".

They may call your employer to confirm the information you've provided, you need to provide evidence to back up any experience you're claiming (pay slips, tax information, etc.) The penalty can be cancellation of your visa and a ban on applying for a new one for 3 years. Plus it would affect any visas you may apply for elsewhere as you'd have a record of a visa cancellation.

Archived