Degree needed? Even tho I have ACCA qualification???? HELP

Joachim

Hi

Is it true that you need to have a degree before you can get your skills assessed? I don't have a degree but I have passed all my ACCA exams, obtained my qualification and membership??

I've only just heard this and feel physically sick

Can anyone please help me

:wink:ACCA is accounting qualification skill assessment should be through CPA Australia or ... Check immi.gov.au However, again you must see what occupation you are opting. Not sure that you need a degree on that. Anyway I have friends who gets a degree awarded from UK for the modules that he did. perhaps if really a degree is needed you just need to contact a university that tied up with ACCA to award you one. Maybe some fees. ACCA is higher then degree in terms of academic achievement. Good luck.

:wink:ACCA is accounting qualification skill assessment should be through CPA Australia or ... Check immi.gov.au However, again you must see what occupation you are opting. Not sure that you need a degree on that. Anyway I have friends who gets a degree awarded from UK for the modules that he did. perhaps if really a degree is needed you just need to contact a university that tied up with ACCA to award you one. Maybe some fees. ACCA is higher then degree in terms of academic achievement. Good luck.

I had a similar enquiry from GM, whose Hotmail is bouncing.

I can't see why you would need a degree. I got positive skills assessment with CIMA - without a degree.

CIMA is seen as being equivalent of at least a bachelor's degree, and covers 9 or 10 of the required core areas.

Worst case scenario if ACCA itself doesn't cover enough, i believe you can sit the extra required modules with one if the aussie accounting associations.

• 2 weeks later...

Joachim, if you're ACCA qualified, you should pass the skills assessment. You don't need a degree. I'm doing the same thing and I've done quite a bit of research so that as soon as I've finished my qualification I can submit my application.

P.S. Congratulations on achieving your ACCA qualification, I know how hard it is!

Archived