190 January Gang arrival and settling reports

eddieb7

Hi everyone we have been in adelaide for 9 weeks now and are living in Glenelg. So far everything has gone smoothly with getting a job and the kids are fitting well in school. Hope are future continues to go well here its best move we've ever made....loving it! Good luck to everyone for their future too

I arrived in Adelaide on 17th Aug and attended and interview in Mt Gambier a week later and got the job. Stayed in Adelaide for 8 weeks before coming down here. Adelaide was good for me especially when you compare the weather with mt gambier which is always cold especially in the evenings. But all in all a very good move for us. Dont regret upping sticks from England

Hi everyone, looks like most people have made up for the long wait for the visa grant! We validated our visa in August and while we were there my husband landed a job- he starts in January but me and the kids aren't going over til July due to other commitments. Looks like everyone is having a great time, thanks Eddie for restarting this thread.

Hey Tigerbalm,

Great to hear that your husband landed a job so quickly, and all the best for you and the kids for when you get to make the move in July.

It's great to hear so many people finally getting over and starting to settle and enjoy their new life in Oz.

Cheers (and best of luck to all).

• 2 weeks later...
Loved reading these posts!

Hi @Wen66, my husband and I will be moving to Adelaide in March. It's taken is nearly 2 years to get out visa but we finally have it!

I have a question about baggage allowance. I guess you flew with Singapore airlines. What was their policy with a 1 way migration journey? Did you have to tell them at time of booking and what did they allow per person?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hi Pascoe1986, apologies for not replying. Haven't been on for a while. We called Singapore Airlines about the baggage and one way tickets, visa validation. They got back and told us that was fine. It took a few phones calls, to double check. We presented our visa and tickets at check in (go to a person on a desk not a kiosk automated check in) explained to the lady and she got it sorted. We got 40 Kg each. Ours totalled 136kg! We could of brought more bags...:-) But lugging all those big cases around and finding a taxi to fit them all in was hilarious. Good luck with sorting yours:-) x

Amazing thanks! I emailed them last week and they've confirmed it for me to I'll take their email printed out just incase! We've booked our flights now for the 5th March so will arrive on the 7th. We're so excited although a little nervous! We'll be staying in Largs Bay when we arrive. I'll keep you all posted on our journey. Thanks again! X

Amazing thanks! I emailed them last week and they've confirmed it for me to I'll take their email printed out just incase! We've booked our flights now for the 5th March so will arrive on the 7th. We're so excited although a little nervous! We'll be staying in Largs Bay when we arrive. I'll keep you all posted on our journey. Thanks again! X

Brilliant! Good luck.:wink:

Archived