Applying for 820 partnership VISA. How soon after i apply am i able to get a bridging VISA?

delicatepotatoe

Heya, I'm getting a bit panicked getting everything ready for my VISA in time, I've left it a bit too late and there's a lot more paperwork that needed doing than I thought there was hehe.

My current working holiday visa expires Dec 5th and I'm missing a document required to submit my VISA application, I'm waiting on a friend to make a statuary declaration of our relationship. Went to do it today but she couldn't find her birth certificate :no:

Thing is I don't know when I need to submit this application to be able to secure a bridging visa in time, If I submit my VISA application online am I granted a bridging visa automatically and quickly? or does it take a while to receive one? Thanks.

You will get your BVA automatically - we got ours within half an hour or so of submitting the application (my partners WHV was due to expire the following day). I know of some others on another forum who had to wait a day or so but so long as you have a valid application (for example that your currently on a visa that enables you to apply onshore for an 820/801) don't worry - you'll get it :)