Where to buy a (good) Christmas tree in Sydney?

seraphim

Not a Kmart or target $13 cheapie, but something that looks really nice?

Has anyone bought a balsam hill tree? Are they worth the money?

Or is it all just as tacky and an $80-90 tree from Big W will look the same?

it's our first Christmas here and I'd like something for the family to decorate to make it part of our new christmas traditions!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Maryrose that'd be brilliant! I'd love for us to have a nice tree (fake obviously, no tree would survive 41 degrees with the roots cut!) so the little one can start a nice tradition with us now she's old enough.

Thanks tink too for the links, i really want to see them though as the brissy shop is a bit far!

Thanks Maryrose that'd be brilliant! I'd love for us to have a nice tree (fake obviously, no tree would survive 41 degrees with the roots cut!) so the little one can start a nice tradition with us now she's old enough.

Thanks tink too for the links, i really want to see them though as the brissy shop is a bit far!

.......the links should be for Sydney shops...!

.......the links should be for Sydney shops...!

They are, my bad sorry Tink!

The second one even has a pop up shop a few KM's from me, so that's great! (i swear I drove down that road yesterday and the store it says its in was't set up yet, maybe I've just missed the setup, i'll have a look.

Thanks again!

I bought one last weekend from Harris Scarfe for $99, should have been $199. Myer and David Jones also had some nice trees but my OH didn't want to spend what they were asking. The Harris Scarfe one is just as nice really but the reduction in price sealed it. You need to get a move on though. I don't know what it's like in Sydney but here in Adelaide everyone seems to buy early and lots of shops already have much less stock in, and much less choice, than at the beginning of November.

Thanks for all the (sensible) replies, all very useful and appreciated!

Went to Myer in the end and bought one of their trees, along with lights, which looked nice and will hopefully last a couple of years! The "pop up" xmas special shops we visited but the trees looked the same as in Big W.

Thanks forum!

Archived