spouse visa

tomgolland

Please could someone give me some much needed advice? This whole visa application is beginning to get rather confusing :wacko:

I am hoping to lodge a spouse (820/801) visa at the beginning of May, as my Aussie partner and I have fulfilled the 12 month period of living together etc. I have all the paperwork ready to go and I'm getting to the medicals and police checks. Do I lodge and then when I've completed and received all my police and medical checks,send them off separately? Also, would it be quicker to complete my application online?

And the obvious question is, how long might I expect to wait if all goes according to plan?

Cheers,

Tom

If you are onshore, then you here is the checklist for immi

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/_pdf/checklist-spouse.pdf for a 820/801

depending where you are you can call 131 881 between 8am & 4pm to arrange a time to lodge your application in person or check here Australian Offices

My medical was sent in advance but my police check went with the rest of everything that i lodged at the immi sydney office as i had a with a migration officer, its all easy

good luck

giz

Guest Mrs C

Hiya Tom,

I suggest you Front Load, your Meds and Police Checks, as I did. I used an agent and this was on their advice. I cannot say if you sould apply on line on not as I didn't and have no experience. However applying for a Spouse visa is great as the time scales are between 4-6 weeks, once all the paperwork is completed.

Also a word of advice, don't forget to complete form 80, and make sure it corrosponds with the rest of your application.

all the best

April

Thanks giz,

I am indeed onshore and my Australian police check will leave in the post tomorrow! Just have to get my U.K police certificate and complete my medical, fingers crossed! Am I responsible for sending my x-rays and medical reports directly to the processing office? And for this visa, am I right in thinking that the processing office is Brisbane?

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Tom

Tom,

I forgot to mention if you apply onshore (which i think you are re 820/801) and you opt for an interview you could be granted your temp spouse visa that same day.The link above gives all that you need to lodge your application all the froms 47sp 40sp 47a(if children too) form 80 all the docs needed for your sponsor along with marrige certifs etc and 2 passport photos if applying in oz.

The waiting time on shore is a lot shorter than off shore and most people that i know have received their temp visa the same day as they lodged or very very soon after. You have to be onshore when the temp visa and permanent visas are granted.(applying onshore is slightly different to applying offshore)

good luck

gizmo

Thanks giz,

I am indeed onshore and my Australian police check will leave in the post tomorrow! Just have to get my U.K police certificate and complete my medical, fingers crossed! Am I responsible for sending my x-rays and medical reports directly to the processing office? And for this visa, am I right in thinking that the processing office is Brisbane?

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Tom

Tom, Give brisbane a call and arrange a interview & say you want to lodge your application, they are at 299 Adelaide st,Brisbane, mon to fri 9 to 4pm wed 9 to 1.30pm the landline number for them is not coming up only a fax number of 07 3136 7048

If you are not using a migration agent then check first about the medical as mine were asked for up front but a friend of mines were not, i took my uk police check with me along with everything else. An interview is good and its not like the old Mr & Mrs quiz show you dont have to remember the colour of each others toothbrushes etc :biglaugh:

Let me know if you need any more help

gizmo

Thanks Giz, I'll try to make an appointment with them for when I've received everything back. I'm assuming that the if I turn up with everything all ready and prepared then it shouldn't take that long! Theoretically of course!

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom

Archived