Lengthly process

stephieb

Hi guys

Hubby is a carpenter so looking to emigrate on a 189 visa and poss using go matilda, how long has everyone's processes taken? we have 4 kids and one is 14 so trying to work our whats best for him for schooling x[emoji2] [emoji2]

Hi,

im a carpenter and joiner by trade and started the application off in Feb 14. Check my timeline at the bottom as it will give you an indication. As your applying for 189 it also depends on how many points you have. The higher the faster you get invited (70-75 points).

I did the application myself as its a very easy process. If you require any help let me know

That fast??!?  wow

In the past some people would wait years to get a visa, that is not including the time taking for skills assessments with can take up to 4 months + depending on occupation, more if need to wait until practical assessment. The actually visa processing is around 10-12 weeks to get a CO from lodging application, visa granted few wks to couple of months after that.

Beleive it it or not that is fast for processing as people who are married to an Australian citizen for example processing can be 14 months. Or people applying for last remaining relative processing is predicted at 56 years!!!!

Easy? Its the paperwork side worried to get it wrong as hes dyslexic

My wife did nearly all my paperwork as I'm too busy at work and she looked into the whole process herself. If your struggling where to start off, I'll go through my file and send you a list of what you can start collating to start the ball rolling.

Archived