AHPRA "Criteria 8'' help needed

cherries002

Hi all,

I have ANMAC lodged, EOI has been sent to NSW and on my to do list is the dreaded AHPRA, Im degree trained so thats all good, however I just wandered if anyone has any indication if the following letter my University has put together would be adequate for Criteria 8??:

Further to information sent on xxxx behalf please can I also confirm the following as requested:

Criteria 2

I can confirm that, at the time xxxx completed the course of study, we were subject to an external accreditation process that ensures that the standards and quality of the education it provides to students is monitored, assessed and evaluated.

Criteria 3

I can confirm that the program of study which xxxx completed and led to registration as a registered nurse, enrolled nurse or midwife was accredited at the time of study.

Criteria 8

I can confirm that the programme of study undertaken by xxxx included substantial study and assessment in relation to medicine management including pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and medication administration including calculations and the quality use of medications. The assessment strategies used included theoretical and practical assessments.

Hope someone who has been through the same process can help me out with this before they send the letter and transcript to AHPRA.

TIA :unsure:

Hi guys

I'm just getting registered after a year. All I did for criterion 8 was ask uni to write me a letter on headed paper stating that I had indeed fulfilled the criteria. Just make sure they sign it and stamp it and they will accept it.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys

I'm just getting registered after a year. All I did for criterion 8 was ask uni to write me a letter on headed paper stating that I had indeed fulfilled the criteria. Just make sure they sign it and stamp it and they will accept it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, hopefully the letter they've drafted together will be ok then

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lisa, have you started the ball rolling yet for your visa etc etc?? I have to say that it is all very straight forward and as long as you have everything to hand then you shouldnt really have any problems with it all. Im just at the stage of gaining my regional sponsorship, it was sent on Thursday so hopefully it wont be long now before I am able to lodge my final visa application

Hi Lisa, have you started the ball rolling yet for your visa etc etc?? I have to say that it is all very straight forward and as long as you have everything to hand then you shouldnt really have any problems with it all. Im just at the stage of gaining my regional sponsorship, it was sent on Thursday so hopefully it wont be long now before I am able to lodge my final visa application

Hi, No I haven't started anything yet, I've just been looking into what needs to be done for when I do it. I am due to qualify in jan so not long now! I'm thinking of applying for a place on the graduate programme even though I know they are difficult to get on to. I have a job to start jan which I will start and get at least 1 years experience if I'm unsuccessful with grad visa. How long have you been nursing?

I qualified in sept 2013, once I started my job that month I soon realised how beneficial getting some experience would be before starting the process etc, at the beginning of 2014 I started gathering all the things I needed, sat my first IELTS in April and after 4 attempts finally passed in sept. By the time I get to go I will be 2 years post qualified and then be ready for the challenges of a different trust and medications etc etc

I qualified in sept 2013, once I started my job that month I soon realised how beneficial getting some experience would be before starting the process etc, at the beginning of 2014 I started gathering all the things I needed, sat my first IELTS in April and after 4 attempts finally passed in sept. By the time I get to go I will be 2 years post qualified and then be ready for the challenges of a different trust and medications etc etc

Well done on the IELTS. I think it's a wise move getting the experience first. Ideally that is what I should do, however our daughter is in year 9 and the longer we leave it, the harder it'll be. I'm going to get my final exam out of the way before I do anything, then I'm going to start gathering all the required docs ready to apply for visa.

I'm going to start my job in jan, then email hospitals direct and get a feel for what's about whilst gaining experience. I'm also considering the graduates visa. I'm not really that sure, I think I'm getting a bit scared now that this might actually become a reality! Do you have any tips on conquering the IELTS?