Rental car hire in UK

Sulac

Hi we are back to the Uk at Christmas - land mid December for four weeks - thinking of hiring a car but we would need a 7 seater as we are a family of six - so am anticipating it may be jolly expensive. Anyone know any cut price car rental places? We are based in South of England, Crawley so something near there ideally.

Any help appreciated

Hi we are back to the Uk at Christmas - land mid December for four weeks - thinking of hiring a car but we would need a 7 seater as we are a family of six - so am anticipating it may be jolly expensive. Anyone know any cut price car rental places? We are based in South of England, Crawley so something near there ideally.

Any help appreciated

Ouch, I think that is going to be expensive.

My favourite has always been holidayautos.co.uk because they are very straight forward with the insurance (& having crashed one of their cars twice on the same holiday (don't ask!) I can say we walked away not owing a penny (& both crashes were our fault)

It could be cheaper to hire a minibus, as that is a different market - try http://www.ukvanandminibushire.co.uk - not recommending these as I just googled, haven't used them.

Ouch, I think that is going to be expensive.

My favourite has always been holidayautos.co.uk because they are very straight forward with the insurance (& having crashed one of their cars twice on the same holiday (don't ask!) I can say we walked away not owing a penny (& both crashes were our fault)

It could be cheaper to hire a minibus, as that is a different market - try http://www.ukvanandminibushire.co.uk - not recommending these as I just googled, haven't used them.

Thanks LadyRainicorn - have checked out the van website and my jaw dropped to the floor (£3K plus for four weeks) can't seem to get on to the Autos website at present but this advice is appreciated. Maybe we should buy a cheap one on ebay and sell it on after four weeks.

Thanks LadyRainicorn - have checked out the van website and my jaw dropped to the floor (£3K plus for four weeks) can't seem to get on to the Autos website at present but this advice is appreciated. Maybe we should buy a cheap one on ebay and sell it on after four weeks.

I don't know if you are joking but buying a vehicle from ebay in a rush and you could end up with anything. Your problem also will be insuring it and registering it for road tax.

Try Enterprise car hire (Enterprise.com) We used them and they were way cheaper than anywhere else. I've had a quick look and it looks like they might do something suitable for about $370 a week. They also do minibuses but it was booked out for the dates I tried.

I tend to use the search engines looking for best deals, and then check out the actual rental company's which comes out the cheapest as sometimes they also have a special which does not always show up on the search, for example Europcar have a 15% expat discount (which I have used before), I just googled them up ( europcar.com ) a 7 seater VW Sharan pick up at Heathrow, comes in at under $2000 for 31 days over xmas, unlimited mileage puts it just over $2000. Check the small print as you should for any car hire.

other than that, you can try some of the smaller local companies in towns near where you will be based.

Archived