More Newbies, Hi PIO!

loubylou475

Hi everyone. We're new to this site too (must be the rain!!) but have already picked up some great tips. We're Louise(33) and Richard (36) and have 2 kids 9 and 6. Recently back from Oz holiday and have decided to start the dreaded migration process!! We're just gathering info for the skills assessment. We're applying for the 176 visa as OH has an aunt in NSW. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to pass the skills assessment (via AIM)? Also, any additional info greatly appreciated!

Guest aussiewannabee

Hi I will post my timeline, this should give you a rough idea, although yours could be quicker or longer, it depends on how quick you can get all the info they need.

good luck.

04/09/07 Agent appointed.

16/11/07 Skill assesment sent to tra.

20/12/07 passed skill assesment.

05/02/08 Visa 175 lodged (online).

15/03/08 Went to skill expo in london.

22/03/08 Got job from expo.

27/03/08 Police checks applied for.

31/03/08 Medicals done.

02/04/08 Dr rang, meds fine.

04/04/08 meds sent to lcu.

10/04/08 Recieved contract of employment.

11/04/08 Meds Finalised.

Hi Just want to say welcome to pio this is a great site im sure someone will be able to help with any information you need.

Karen, Mick, & Lewis

Hi, thanks alot for the welcome. The site is great, I've been in touch with Go Matilda today as I think with my OH working long-hrs and away frequently, I may need the reassurace that someone else is chasing things for us!

Hi everyone. We're new to this site too (must be the rain!!) but have already picked up some great tips. We're Louise(33) and Richard (36) and have 2 kids 9 and 6. Recently back from Oz holiday and have decided to start the dreaded migration process!! We're just gathering info for the skills assessment. We're applying for the 176 visa as OH has an aunt in NSW. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to pass the skills assessment (via AIM)? Also, any additional info greatly appreciated!

Hi Lou & Family,

Welcome to the forum,

are you aiming for NSW ? or other ? -

Good luck with your application

giz :cool:

Guest loobieloo

Hi loubylou,

Welcome to PIO. Another loobieloo here. I am also applying for 176 OH has sister in Sydney. Seem to have a few things in common. I have just sent my skills assessment off, they said 6 - 8 weeks, should know outcome within next couple of weeks.

The length may depend on which skill is being assessed because they all go off to different bodies. Who's skills are you going on? and what are they? Where are you hoping to live in NSW? Where does Aunty live? Oh...so many questions... sorry ...

:SLEEP:

Lou x

Hi Lou!! Its great to know so many people have the same dilemas etc!! Thanks for the message, we're hoping to go to Perth. Rich is a General Manager for a Supply Chain, just waiting for Go Matilda to contact us as we hoped to go it alone but one of the requirements on the skills assessment is for a 'food-chain diagram' of the staff in his organisation. That in itself is a humungous task and I don't want to spend hours at it only to get it wrong so have decided we may benefit from an agent? What about you? I'd love to think this time next year we could be in Perth but need to keep an open mind really. Must fly on the school run, chat later

Lou.x

Thanks for the welcome! We're hoping for Perth as OH's aunt is also moving over from NSW this year and we know a couple of people who've been in Perth a while and love it. Its just all so daunting when you start looking closely at stuff, find myself pouring a glass of wine and giving up!!

Guest loobieloo

Yes, it is all so very daunting...but exciting at the same time! We are going to go it alone without an agent. My sister did it alone and with all the help and advise on here we should manage. Sounds like you have a job on with the 'chain' thingy.

Good luck...don't give up...look at the wine as fuel to keep you going. Infact sounds like a good idea... think I'll go pour myself one!!

Lou x

Archived