sending applications

Guest bshootz

Guest bshootz

When sending the skilled assessment/visa application would you use the normal postal service or a more secure way ? and how much does it roughly cost? Dont want all that hard work and effort to o missing :shock: :? Thanks Beckyx

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Hi Becky

We used the signed delivery mail service at the Post Office. Its like recorded delivery only for international delivery. Depending on how big your visa application is, will vary the cost. Our TRA application which had a lot of enclosures etc cost around £13.00 to send and it took about a week to 10 days to get there. We kept a copy of everything we sent and put our home address on the back of the envelope - just in case.

Good Luck

Mandie

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Becky

I also used International Signed For at the Post Office for my Mum's application and it reached the Perth Offshore Parents Centre without any problems.

Other people though (specially agents who have far more experience of sending these applications than I'll ever have) insist on using couriers because they reckon it is a far more secure way of sending such important material.

Whichever you choose for your application, good luck and I hope they won't keep you waiting too long for your visa.

Cheers

Gill

Guest jenny.morris

Hi Becky,

We sent our TRA app via Royal Mail "signed for" service, but then worried a lot about it because we subsequently found out that it is only signed for up to leaving the UK. As it happens, the app got there with no problems.

When we sent the actual visa app last month, we decided to use a courier. It was a brilliant service, and we could track the app throughout its journey and we were also informed who had signed for it at the processing centre in Adelaide. It cost us approx £30 (?), but was money well spent for peace of mind (also the fun of tracking it, sad people that we are!).

Jenny

Guest The.Colebecks
When sending the skilled assessment/visa application would you use the normal postal service or a more secure way ? and how much does it roughly cost? Dont want all that hard work and effort to o missing :shock: :? Thanks Beckyx

Hi Becky

Where are you sending the docs to?

We sent our TRA stuff to the agent in Winchester, UK, using Royal Mail special delivery - it cost us just over £5 and you can track the parcel all the way to the destination, just like you can with a courier but its waaaaay cheaper.

However, I have to say that if we had had to send the stuff direct to Oz I would have used a courier service.

Hugs

Karen

Guest bshootz

Thanks guys for all your replies, i am sending the skilled assessment to the anmc in Aus, and will take your advise about the royal mail.

Guest spray21

To send ours to Canberra we were quoted £40 for courier-type service - the poshest one that you can get from the post office. But it was under £10 for international signed-for, so I did that - it took 8 days to arrive.

It also insured the application, just in case.

(But I would definitely recommend copying the whole thing before you let it out of your sight!)

Guest Alison1967
To send ours to Canberra we were quoted £40 for courier-type service - the poshest one that you can get from the post office. But it was under £10 for international signed-for, so I did that - it took 8 days to arrive.

It also insured the application, just in case.

(But I would definitely recommend copying the whole thing before you let it out of your sight!)

Interparcel charge half the price of DHL but use DHL as their courier. I used them and had no real probs and it cost £26-£27 cna't remember exactly.

Ali x

I think it depends on whether you want the comfort of being able to track delivery of your paperwork - check with the Royal Mail whether their service allows you to check where your package is once it has left the UK as I recall some have said on other forums that packages sent using the Royal Mail's service can only be tracked until they depart the UK.

We use UPS to send documents between our office in Southampton and Melbourne - if in doubt it may be worth paying a few £'s more for the comfort of what should be a secure and traceable delivery.

Best regards.

Archived