Packing: What Essentials Can We Take??

Herbster

G'Day:

The Removers are in Thursday, April 24 so we are up to our eyes in Organized Chaos!:swoon: We've disinfected, cleaned & painted our outdoor tools, etc, stripped down the push bike & sanitized... Given the plants, food & drink away, wardrobes, exercise bike, tvs, & my push bike (too heavy!) all gone to friends & family... :wacko:

So of the little we have left (lol!!!) we'd like to ship it, weird stuff like WD40, cleansers, things from under the sink & out of the garage, my numerous comfy duvets & pillows... What are YOUR experiences of moving home to Oz??? And how do we get it there safe?

Also, how do you declare your stuff - we can produce an inventory, will that be enough - (Like we haven't filled in enough forms!!) we've supplied requested details of wood items - is there some other Aussie form we need???

Herbster, XxX .........Acting slightly rabid!! :twitcy:

As your removal guys pack the boxes for you, they will produce a brief inventory of what is in each box e.g 43 China, 72 Dvds (the numbers relate to what box it is!). Well that was our experience with John Mason. There were a few boxes that I packed that they simply put inside another box with other stuff that I did a personal inventory for.

When our stuff was in transit we were asked to complete a quarantine form so we looked at it and found we'd already completed it and the removal company should have received a copy. So I don't think you're going to have to fill in a detailed inventory of any kind. We had declared our wood and had nothing else to declare.

Just be wary of packing half full bottles of things - I gave my Mum and my sister all my aerosol products that hadn't been used, all my bottles of bubble bath and shower stuff that were half used (I liked variety) and I also stocked my sister's house with cleaning products!

Hope my waffle helps a little Herbster,

Felicity:cute:

As your removal guys pack the boxes for you, they will produce a brief inventory of what is in each box e.g 43 China, 72 Dvds (the numbers relate to what box it is!). Well that was our experience with John Mason. There were a few boxes that I packed that they simply put inside another box with other stuff that I did a personal inventory for... When our stuff was in transit we were asked to complete a quarantine form so we looked at it and found we'd already completed it and the removal company should have received a copy. So I don't think you're going to have to fill in a detailed inventory of any kind. We had declared our wood and had nothing else to declare....Just be wary of packing half full bottles of things - all my bottles of bubble bath and shower stuff that were half used (I liked variety) and I also stocked my sister's house with cleaning products!...Hope my waffle helps a little Herbster,...Felicity

Not Waffle Felicity - Helpful information! Besides have you tried waffle with maple syrup--- it's GooooD!!! :cute:

We're going to put all work things in plastic crates...

So did they go through everything? Did you loose anything? But what about your duvets? What about my global rock collection?? If they were disinfected??? :wideeyed:

Thanks

Herbie X

ME TOO.........................Had Spain Shippers in today and the OZ ones come 21/22! I'm just worrying whether I'll get it all right?

Horrible isn't it?? :arghh: Giving me dreadful nightmares... :goofy: Least this time next week this ordeal will be history & we'll be able to give more informed advice!!!

Cheers, Keep Cool All Packers... :yes:

Love Herbster XX

We brought duvets and put them inside our bedding box, like Lesley we used John Mason, anything we had packed ourselves (like winter clothes in holdalls - they put in a box with their logo, id sticker etc., and added it to the inventory).

Ali

Archived