How long. Does 189 visa grant take??

Jilldesp

Hi @Jilldesp we too are 189 visa applicants. We lodged ours the last week of July & we got assigned our case officer last Monday - works out that we waited 10.5 weeks near enough. Our migration agent told us that seems to be the standard waiting time at the minute.

Hi, thanks for that! I was told 7-8 weeks but I suppose it does vary. Hiw long after that does it take do u know? From what I can gather it's not that long?? X

You're welcome. Did you front load your police checks & medicals when you lodged your visa? If you did then you should get granted your visa the same day you find out who your case officer is, unless of course they require extra information from you?! We didn't front load any documents & had our case officer request the checks from us on Monday. We applied for our police checks yesterday & we had our medicals done yesterday. I believe that once the case officer receives the checks it can take up to a month for them to issue the actual visa. I might be wrong though?

You're welcome. Did you front load your police checks & medicals when you lodged your visa? If you did then you should get granted your visa the same day you find out who your case officer is, unless of course they require extra information from you?! We didn't front load any documents & had our case officer request the checks from us on Monday. We applied for our police checks yesterday & we had our medicals done yesterday. I believe that once the case officer receives the checks it can take up to a month for them to issue the actual visa. I might be wrong though?

Hi, thanks for the info. We have an agent but she has not told us to go for medicals as yet she just said she will let us know when to have them?! X

Yes our agent told us exactly the same thing but I wish I hadn't listened...since our case officer has been allocated we've in effect wasted time whilst getting the medicals & police checks done etc where as if we'd have front loaded them we technically could have had our visa by now. If I was you I'd book your medicals & sort your police checks out now to speed things up a little :)

8 weeks seems the optimum and quickest, but for many it's more like 12 weeks (or more) - search through 'migration issues' and look through all the 189 threads. There are loads of them, with people describing their wait, experience, timelines etc

Most of the people who are getting grants right now lodged in July.

That's great thanku! X

8 weeks seems the optimum and quickest, but for many it's more like 12 weeks (or more) - search through 'migration issues' and look through all the 189 threads. There are loads of them, with people describing their wait, experience, timelines etc

Most of the people who are getting grants right now lodged in July.

We lodged our 189 on 2nd July, have uploaded all documents, medicals and PCC's and we are still waiting... We haven't been allocated a case officer and its been 16 weeks now... Getting nervous :/

That's a long time! I was told 7-8 weeks for a CO?! I hope it doesn't drag on and on. Can't u chase your up? Where in Warrington r u? I'm there too! X

We lodged our 189 on 2nd July, have uploaded all documents, medicals and PCC's and we are still waiting... We haven't been allocated a case officer and its been 16 weeks now... Getting nervous :/

If you've front loaded everything and haven't heard anything, you can probably expect a direct grant. Have you checked the Visa Tracker? You'll see that a direct grant isn't all that unusual.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=84 Visa tracker

Oh, and check your Junk mail folder. I read the other day that someone's grant email had ended up in there and was there for over a week before they realised!

Hi there we received our 189 visa grant letter today (myself, husband and 2 kids) My timeline was application lodged 27/06/14, case officer 11/9/14, medicals and pcc 22/9/14 and grant 22/10/14. We used an agent too and waited to do medicals/pcc as requested which does slow it down a little. There was a longer wait with the June applications (due to backlog on Australian side) than normal but hopefully you will be a little quicker. Hope this helps and good luck x

Hi there we received our 189 visa grant letter today (myself, husband and 2 kids) My timeline was application lodged 27/06/14, case officer 11/9/14, medicals and pcc 22/9/14 and grant 22/10/14. We used an agent too and waited to do medicals/pcc as requested which does slow it down a little. There was a longer wait with the June applications (due to backlog on Australian side) than normal but hopefully you will be a little quicker. Hope this helps and good luck x[/quote

thankyou for the info and good luck with your move!!! X

Archived