Early Years qualification requirements in Oz

Serena

Hello.

My husband and I are about to start the transfer process from England to Australia.

I am about to complete my Foundation degree in Early Years (a 4 year degree) and I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to find out what my career options are in Australia. I have the Certificate in Early Years practice, which is a level 4 Diploma, as well as a myriad of other qualifications and 14 years experience.

Thank you so much, as I have no idea where to start.

:) xx

Hi,

I have just been trying to get my early years teaching status recognised and have also decided to get my early years degree recognised as well. The early years qualifications seem to be assessed by the Australian children's education & Care quality authority. They assess all your qualifications and paperwork and allow you then to move forward. I would advise having everything including transcripts from every year as they need everything to assess with. The link to the assessment page is

http://www.acecqa.gov.au/Qualifications-assessment-form-for-individuals#

Hope it helps. I have the teaching links as well if needed, but you'll need another body if needed for assessment for migration.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Flecks

Thanks so much for the info I will check the link out.

I am still studying at the moment (need to find out what happens with paying my student finance England loan back), and just coming to the end of my Foundation Degree. I was on the path to gaining my full BA (hons) Early Years with the EY teacher course at the end.

I've had a look at some of the university websites and it looks like I can transfer some of my credits and finish my BA in Oz, which will give me Teacher status without all the extra courses (and money) they want here in the UK! So fingers crossed it looks to be a beneficial move for my career :)

Good luck with your process, hopefully you will get it sorted positively soon. I really appreciate the reply to my question xxx

• 11 months later...
Hi Flecks

Thanks so much for the info I will check the link out.

I am still studying at the moment (need to find out what happens with paying my student finance England loan back), and just coming to the end of my Foundation Degree. I was on the path to gaining my full BA (hons) Early Years with the EY teacher course at the end.

I've had a look at some of the university websites and it looks like I can transfer some of my credits and finish my BA in Oz, which will give me Teacher status without all the extra courses (and money) they want here in the UK! So fingers crossed it looks to be a beneficial move for my career :)

Good luck with your process, hopefully you will get it sorted positively soon. I really appreciate the reply to my question xxx

Be aware that studying in Australia on a tourist visa would be VERY expensive. You would be limited to working 20 hours per week - as would your husband - and you would pay international fees which are VERY expensive

• 1 month later...

Archived