Unsure seems to good to be true !!!!

Stuju

Hi

The following is a vacancy from the aussie seek website, uk company, i keep reading it through but something doesnt add up right to me ................. what does anyone else think ??????

Job 1 of 1

Listed 19 Apr 2008

.classification_indent { font-weight: bold **Work Type: Part Time

Sub-Classification: Financial Planning

Area: Gosford - Central Coast

Advertiser: Collins textile industry

Salary: $600 - $800/hr $200

ptmpl_1_top.jpg

Reputable Job Offer...

Collins textile industry

NTG House, Willow Road,

Lenton, Nottingham. NG7 2TA. ENGLAND

Tel: +44568234902

collinstextileindustry072@yahoo.com

Collins textile industry Introduce a position of the manager(Representative)for the payment from the customers and other financial means.We needs a book-keeper in this area (Australia), so we want to know if you will like to work online from home and get paid weekly without leaving or it affecting your present job?.

The company deals in the sale of Chippendale, Hepplewhite, Lutyens and Rennie Mackintosh, and are ideally suited to most forms of upholstered furniture, antique, classical and contemporary design exhibition. Collins textile industry has established an enviable reputation for manufacturing tradition of horsehair weaving and we have clients we supply weekly in Australia.

We have been receiving orders from Australia, Which we have not been able to process competently and completely since we do not have a payment receiving personnel in these Areas. We have decided to recruit payment officers online hence we will be needing a representative/Bookkeeper to process our payments in these areas - due to delays in processing payments from these areas in London Uk.

WHAT WE OFFER: Two hours/day at your choice, daytime or evening time.

WORK AT HOME: Checking e-mail and going to the bank Part time or full time.

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS: No selling involved, no kit to buy,we won't charge you anything.

MONTHLY SALARY: Minimum of $400 every week to a total of $1600 per month AND also the total amount you make in a month depends on how often you receive

payments from out Clients,which can be twice a week or more,and also pay you $2 per day for checking your email.

COMMISSION: 10% of every money order/check that is cashed instantly"cash inhand" or "cash on counter" is what you get from the total cashed amount.

MORE EXPLANATION ABOUT THE JOB: If you receive a check of $2,500.00 from our clients or costumers in the USA,you would cash the check in your bank and then

take 10% which is $250,from it and then send the rest of the funds from it toanywhere in the world where the company delegates would be at that time.

OTHER FEES: All the cost for the transfer of the money to any location in the world where the Collins textile industry delegate would be,shall also be deducted from the total funds left with you after you have deducted your Commission which is 10% of any amount you cash and then you send the remainder of the funds as you shall be instructed.

WHAT WE ASK: Two free hours daily not including weekends, Internet access for sending and receiving e-mails,available means of cashing money orders/checks at your bank using your existing bank account and then sending the funds meant for the company through Western Union or Money Gram to any location where the companies associates would be.

IMPORTANT: You must be over 19 years of age, Australia CITIZENSHIP AND ALSO WE WELCOME OTHER CITIZENSHIP OUTSIDE Australia, SO FAR YOU HAVE A WAY TO GET THE FUNDS CASHED FOR US AND ALSO YOU STAY FULL TIME IN Australia.

If you meet these conditions please contact us back by replying at this e-mail address (collinstextileindustry072@yahoo.com) to receive a Representative Contract agreement. Please fill the form below ;

FIRST NAME ..................... SURNAME..................

ADDRESS.................

CITY ...........STATE........................

ZIP CODE............COUNTRY................

PHONE NUMBER (S) ........................

GENDER.............MARITAL STATUS........

AGE..........

NATIONALITY.................

Note: We will never ask you for anything more than that which we have stated above. No bank names, No bank account number, routing number,credit card, passwords, SSN# etc. If anyone asks for those on our behalf please do not give out this info.This is to ensure your security and non involvement in cases of Identity theft.

Thanks.

Michael Collins

Collins textile industry

NTG House, Willow Road,

Lenton, Nottingham. NG7 2TA. ENGLAND

Tel: +44568234902

collinstextileindustry072@yahoo.com

Email: Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.

-

Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.

For advice on obtaining an Australian visa visit LIVE IN australia.com.

Protect Yourself. Don't provide bank or credit card details when applying for a job.

Guest melissa

I would say it is a scam. I have read about something similar. The payment into your account can be recalled, even after it shows as a credit, and by the time you realise, the payment you have forwarded on has already been taken.

mel

Guest Helaine

Giz its a scam hun, i got caught with one on Monster Jobs, it was near enough the same but for a "swiss company" i got totally sucked in even though it sounded to easy and to good to be true.

all i had to do was recieve payment into my uk account then transfer it to a holding account, taking 10% each time, so i gave then all my bank details yep everything, they sent one payment of £900 i went to take it out to transfer it and got my card taken by the machine, i didnt think anything of it until the fraud dept at the bank contacted me....i craped myself, it turned out that they acctually access your account take money from you and send it to about 5/6 other accounts so its untraceable unfortunatly for them i didnt have any money in my account but some poor bugger was 900 quid down, it was also a real pain cause my account had to be closed, i had to go into the branch and prove i was who i said i was had loads of question chucked at me all because i fell for it.

LEAVE WELL ALONE SWEETIE

Hi Helanie,

Geeeeeeeeez sorry to hear that you got caught by this type of thing, what a bloody pain in the arse and hassle you could really do with out.

Thanks for letting me know, i cant believe that seek have allowed this to even be advertised on there site (as im sure that co's have to pay to place adverts so they must check them out in some way)

Thanks again

gizmo x

Guest andy-notts

i'd say it was probably a scam. I'm from nottingham and firstly the area code in the phone number is wrong..the area code for nottingham is 0115. Secondly I know where the address is..willow road. On that road theres only 2 companies of any note...games workshop and mertrux (mercedes truck garage) the rest of the companies on that road are housed in tatty run down buildings

Guest Mel.R
Smacks of money laundering to me..... I would be very wary of getting involved..

Hiya Sue

You read my mind - money laundering was exactly what I thought too. steer clear of this one.

why are most of the work from home jobs a scam!! the ones in the paper are always a load of rubbish when you contact them and on line obviously isnt much better,you would think someone somewere could do something about it ,,loads of people must get roped in and ripped off,

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carpe

I'm in Canberra and found the ad on SEEK too.

Note that in the ad it sends you cheques/money orders and you take out your 10% (and put it into your real account that they can't get) then you transfer the remaining balance from the account set up for them to other sites. It also is not asking for bank details so how can it suck it out? Though I have to admit it does all seem like money laundering to me. See below:

COMMISSION: 10% of every money order/check that is cashed instantly"cash inhand" or "cash on counter" is what you get from the total cashed amount.

MORE EXPLANATION ABOUT THE JOB: If you receive a check of $2,500.00 from our clients or costumers in the USA,you would cash the check in your bank and then

take 10% which is $250,from it and then send the rest of the funds from it toanywhere in the world where the company delegates would be at that time.

Note: We will never ask you for anything more than that which we have stated above. No bank names, No bank account number, routing number,credit card, passwords, SSN# etc. If anyone asks for those on our behalf please do not give out this info.This is to ensure your security and non involvement in cases of Identity theft.

Carpe

Guest andy-notts

I'm from Nottingham, I know where the company says its based and guess what....no company on that street with that name. Avoid, unless you want burnt fingers

Guest andy-notts

Just to add..if it was a ledgit company can you imagine the turnover of money in an international textile company? Surely it would run into hundreds of thousands or even millions of pounds? Why on earth would a company give up 10% of its revenue to someone merely depositing a cheque? I know theres some gullable people out there but you must be really daft if you think this job offer is true

• 4 weeks later...
Guest blogmaster

That alone is reason enough to discard this idea.

Still many people fall for these scams.

How do they work?

We are talking about a group of people, mostly from Russia. They obtain, either by stealing or hacking the credit card details from a person. They withdraw money from that account and transfer it to your account. It will be pointed out to you that you MUST withdraw the money from your bank at the moment the bank opens. That way they hope to eliminate the chance that the owner of the funds will not have the chance to complain to his bank about the missing money.

You receive an E-mail telling you how much you have received and (after taking your ‘commission’) where to send it. This is usually a private person in Russia receiving the money you sent via Western Union.

What can happen to you?

If the victim, the original owner of the money finds out, his bank will trace it to you, your account will be blocked and Federal Police maybe informed. You are not only facing a fine but a prison sentence as well.

If the money has already gone, you can be forced to pay it back and then face a fine/prison sentence.

With help from certain agencies, we have tested this “job”, making sure it was known that we are not accepting the offer, but helping to find the people behind this scam. The test went exactly as described above.

Our advice:

Stay away from it, do not answer to this or similar ads, you will get caught and get into trouble.

Archived