YAY! Visa approved!

Guest spray21

Guest spray21

WOO HOO! Our visa has been approved! Don't have the paperwork yet, but got an email saying it is in the post. After all this time saying "Well, we're hoping to go in April but that's if the visa is ok...", and selling the house before it was approved (well the sale hasn't quite completed yet but accepted offer before we knew for sure) - and now we FINALLY have our visa!

Please, please, please tell me that this is it and there isn't anything now that can get in the way of our grand adventure?

Am SO EXCITED!!!!

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Thats great news. Congratulations. Everything seems to be falling into place nicely for you. Keep up the good work.

Mandie

WOO HOO! Our visa has been approved! Don't have the paperwork yet, but got an email saying it is in the post. After all this time saying "Well, we're hoping to go in April but that's if the visa is ok...", and selling the house before it was approved (well the sale hasn't quite completed yet but accepted offer before we knew for sure) - and now we FINALLY have our visa!

Please, please, please tell me that this is it and there isn't anything now that can get in the way of our grand adventure?

Am SO EXCITED!!!!

Congratulations!! Hopefully wont be too far behind you with getting it granted! DIMA have taken the fee so feel that this is a good sign.

Just need to get your quarters and flights sorted. Have heard that the people who organise this are really good and very helpful. Stop off on the way is in Kuala Lumpur at http://www.micasahotel.com apparently.

Guest spray21

WOW! I was kind of hoping for Hong Kong, coz one of my old friends is there for a bit, but I think I could live with a night or two in that hotel!

Have informed army now, so will wait and see what they tell us to do next.

Got to decide what to do with the dog too.

God, life is so full of hard decisions now that we are GOING TO AUSTRALIA!!!

Fantastic news, i'm really pleased for you & hope to be in the same position any day now.

Crack open the bubbly....Australia here you come!

Anita x

Guest spray21

Thank you everybody!

Kateb - yes we did front load our meds. To be honest I think we kind of jumped the queue- because OH is joining Oz army the whole thing has been sort of fast-tracked, pre-approved etc - between acknowledging receipt of our application to approving it was less than a fortnight (because it was all preapproved after the v detailed army application).

But I'm not apologising - it was bloody stressful & hard work going through the whole process, and I'm so glad it's been successful!

Just got to sell the house, book the flights, and get our arses over there!

Archived