Commonwealth Seniors Card

Sids Dad

Can anyone tell me if having a Commonwealth Seniors Card or Health Card can get me free Rego?

Im thinking maybe I have to be an Australian citizen drawing an Aussie pension to get this?

i have had a look at the Gov site but cannot get any way forward to see if I qualify only mentions a Seniors card?

any help would be helpful.

Can anyone tell me if having a Commonwealth Seniors Card or Health Card can get me free Rego?

Im thinking maybe I have to be an Australian citizen drawing an Aussie pension to get this?

Even if you were drawing an Aussie pension, you wouldn't get free rego. You may get a discount, varying according to your state of residence... as motor vehicle registration is administered separately by each state.

If you haven't already got one, you can apply for a NSW Seniors' Card, if you are over 60 and a permanent resident of NSW. It has not got the gold standard benefits of that Commonwealth Health card, but it's still pretty good!

[h=1]Apply for a NSW Seniors Card[/h] Introduction Show below:NSW permanent residents aged 60 or over, who do no more than 20 hours of paid work a week on average across a twelve month period, can apply for a NSW Seniors Card. This free card gives you discounts and special offers at thousands of businesses across NSW. With a valid green Medicare Card you can apply for a NSW Seniors Card online.

Apply online

If you are in NSW and have, at least a part old age pension, you will get free rego. Ofcourse you still need to pay for insurances and pink slip if you need one.

Thanks Ellie, it looks like the others need to catch up, glad I posted as they now know what I already did. My problem though is Do I qualify with just these cards? I guess the easiest way is to drop by the RTA office. I already know that I will get a six month refund on my renewed drivers licence as I paid in full last November then turned 65 in June.

Even if you were drawing an Aussie pension, you wouldn't get free rego. You may get a discount, varying according to your state of residence... as motor vehicle registration is administered separately by each state.

Think your living in the wrong State Skani, pensioners in NSW get their Rego free and also if they renew their driving licence it's also free.

Commonwealth health card only gets cheap prescriptions and medical, how do I know because I have one. Have to to pay full amount for everything else.

Petals you should check your State rules as in NSW the rego is free for pensioners as is the driving licence, I'm just asking about which card I need, I actually have both the Commonwealth Health Card and the Seniors Card.

Thanks Ellie, it looks like the others need to catch up, glad I posted as they now know what I already did. My problem though is Do I qualify with just these cards? I guess the easiest way is to drop by the RTA office. I already know that I will get a six month refund on my renewed drivers licence as I paid in full last November then turned 65 in June.

Neither of these cards get you anything from the RTA only the pension gets you the discounts. They are very good, i.e. RTA, I paid the full amount for my rego and got a part pension shortly after. I didn't know about the free rego so didn't apply and they sorted it all out and the first I knew of it was when they sent me a cheque for what I had overpaid.

Archived