Another Prospective-Marriage-Visa-Question-Bombardment.

DexM

Hi, everyone :smile:

Just as the title suggests, I have a lot of questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated and any questions coming my way, is more than o.k.

My fiance (Geelong) and I (North East England) are currently working on our PMV. We have met twice, once here, once there, and I have met her family and friends. We met through an on-line forum, have been together for near enough three years, and although there may be some scepticism surrounding that, we do work very hard on making it all work, skyping, texting, emailing, gifts, letters etc. We have a good idea on what to write for the personal statements, are working on it daily, and have those "in the know" doing the same. We have photographs, copies of letters, emails, skype messages and cards, plus a letter from her family from the first time I met them. I am aware that I have to get certified copies of birth cert., passports etc., and that they have to be copied, but how I do I go about this? What exactly needs to be copied and who would be suitable to sign, and does the evidence mentioned above, need to be signed? I know that I have to have her details, app. form, copies of all her various evidence/documents, and once I have that then I send it off. But I have heard that courier services aren't too great and I wanted to know how best to have everything delivered.

I know there are a lot of questions there, and as I mentioned at the start, any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated and I thank you for your time :smile:

I'm in same situation met my fiancé online. I provided 2 stat decs from Australian citizens my fiancés family. They provided there birth certificate copy, both where signed by a justice of the the peace. I've always had stuff posted back here just using Australia post's normal service never had any problems. I got a certified copy of my passport and birth certificate using a notary public at my local solicitors it cost £60.

I just used regular post with a signed for delivery to check that it had arrived. Registered post is useless as it will only provide compensation for the value of the contents, not for inconvenience or consequential loss. And for an envelope full of papers, if it goes mising you'd only get back the cost of the overpriced stamp you used.

I just used regular post with a signed for delivery to check that it had arrived. Registered post is useless as it will only provide compensation for the value of the contents, not for inconvenience or consequential loss. And for an envelope full of papers, if it goes mising you'd only get back the cost of the overpriced stamp you used.

Registered post is the signed for one. You get the signature at the other end to prove its arrived. We simply paid a few quid to have it tracked and signed for and to be there the next day. And they offer compensation on it anyway with the first class and other deliveries.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/signed-for-first-class

Or OP could also use this which should come in around the £6.40 lowest price and give them a signature. This is the option we used from the two and it was there by 10am the next day. IIRC price wise it actually worked out a bit cheaper than the first class due to size/weight. Although we did send more paperwork as it was for a partner visa not a PMV.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/special-delivery-guaranteed

I saw someone on another thread say they had paid £60 to have paperwork certified! If I'd spent that I'd be worried about it getting lost. That does seem very expensive though (considering you can get it done free here).

Yes, but you wouldn't get the GBP60 back because Royal Mail would say the cost of certification was a consequential loss.

Thank you so much everybody :smile: Our two families are going through some crises at the moment, nothing related to or harmful to us, but a lot of stress nonetheless, and we felt like it was something of a cheat to ask so many questions :cute: But just like the on-line forum we met in, this is here to help. @Ben- I had thought about submitting on-line. I assume it would be quicker and less painful?

One thing I was confused on was, do I have to submit my evidence and her evidence at the same time? As in does she send me her forms/evidence etc.? Or do I just send everything in my end, her her end, and everything will come together?

And thank you everyone for the solicitor info. I've had a look around this evening and will contact a couple of locals.

Just lodge your application online. It's faster, cheaper and it seems that DIBP prefer online applications to stacks of paper. You also don't risk losing valuable documents. If you attach colour scans of originals, they don't even need to be certified.

Hi DexM,

In regards to lodging your application through ImmiAccount, you create or login to your ImmiAccount and complete - Migration to Australia by a Partner (300) first. You will receive a transaction reference number (TRN). Then, your fiance creates or logs in to her ImmiAccount and completes - Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300). She will be prompted to enter in the TRN. The TRN will bring the two forms together online. I recommend that you and your fiance have all your supporting documents organised and ready to attach to your online application in an acceptable format and size prior to starting. It will make the online application process alot quicker and less painful.

Good luck with it all.

Regards,

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Benc and to everyone else :smile:

My partner and I have completed our statements, gathered our evidence, contacted a marriage celebrant and found a certified medical facility. And subsequently dealt with our family crises. Will I have to submit my police background check before hand? I have had one done in the last 6 months due to my part time voluntary work but I'm supposing this isn't suitable. My partner has a signed declaration by the marriage celebrant and we are hoping that this is sufficient? We are getting excited. I have a trip planned over there in April and I know I will have to include our details in the visa. We had thought it was going to be about 12-15 months and this would tide over that longing. We have waited nearly three years so we can wait a little longer.

O.k. Thank you. The problem we are having now, is whether or not I have to sign the NIOM? I have a notary ready to witness me signing it. Is this what is needed? Or is it possible for my fiance to sign it and I sign it when I arrive yet still submit the visa? I'm sure I'm missing something here, that this should be more straight forward, so again I apologise for all the questions :embarrassed:

I didn't sign my NOIM when it was submitted prior to visa application, but when I moved to Australia after the visa was granted, I visited the celebrant and signed it. I think the NOIM is a bit of a nonsense since the visa only lasts for 9 months and the grant time is so long. I don't think the DIBP take it that seriously other than as a sign that you have spoken to a celebrant and might be serious about getting married.

Archived