Help Needed

Nilesh190

Hi All,

I have lodged my 190 on 28 Sep 14. I have few questions if anyone can help me?

1. How will i come to know when CO will allocate me? Wheather i will receive mail/call/or status changed in Immi account?

2. What is general timeframe for 190 processing after visa lodgment?

3. What kind of extra document i should expect from CO to ask me further when i have submitted below docs.

a. Passport for Age point (30)

b. IELTS results for IELTS points. (10)

c. ACS assesement for my Education qualification with degree certificate(15)

d. One Year exp australia docs (company letter heard stating my exp in Australia + My TaxAssement+Payemnt summeries)(5)

e. Total exp for overseas (All companies exp letter )(5)

State Nomination approval mail.

4. While lodgiing EOI on skillselect application they considered my all exp for calculating point which is wrong as per ACS assessment they deduct few years for non IT/cOmpuater degrees. Will it hamper my visa outcome as this is a problem with their application now with the docs.

Thanks

Nil

Have you looked on the Australian Immigration website yet? Much of the information you want is there, if you look for it, eg. on processing times.

[h=1]Skilled Migration Visa Processing Times[/h]On this page:

The tables below detail the processing time targets for service standards for skilled migration visas.

We aim to process 75 per cent of applications within the timeframes detailed below. It should be noted that individual actual processing times will vary depending on a range of factors.

See: Processing Time Service Standards

The department also publishes information listing the lodgement dates of applications that have been or will soon be allocated to case officers.

See: Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications

[h=2]Processing priority groups and order of processing[/h]Priority processing arrangements apply to skilled migration applications. They determine the order in which the department considers applications. Applications accorded a higher priority under the arrangements will be processed ahead of lower priority applications, regardless of when the application is lodged.

The following table details processing priorities for skilled migration applications.

Note: The highest priority is listed first. SkillSelect applications (187, 186, 190 and 489) will be the highest priority in each group.

[TABLE=class: table-100]

[TR]

[TH]Priority Group Number[/TH]

[TH]Application Type[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Applications under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS). [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Applications under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS).[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation specified on that agency’s State Migration Plan (SMP).

Order of processing will be:

1. applications lodged from 1 July 2012 through SkillSelect (subclass 190 and 489 applications)
  2. applications in this priority for other General Skilled Migration (GSM) subclasses (subclass 176, 475, 487 and 886 applications).

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Applications with nominated occupations on the Skilled Occupation List Schedule 1.

See: Skilled Occupation List ([an error occurred while processing this directive]B PDF file)

Order of processing will be:

1. applications lodged from 1 July 2012 through SkillSelect (subclass 189 and 489 applications)
  2. applications within this priority for other GSM subclasses (subclass 175, 176, 475, 487, 885 and 886 applications).

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]All other applications, which include the following

Note: These subclasses are not listed in order of processing:

1. applications for a State or Territory Sponsored visa (subclass 176, 475, 487 and 886 applications) where a state or territory approved nomination has either not been provided or has not been accepted by the department
  2. applications for a Skilled Independent visa (subclass 175 and 885 applications) where the nominated occupation is not on the SOL
  3. applications for a family sponsored skilled migration visa (subclass 176, 475, 487, 496 and 886 applications) where the nominated occupation is not on the SOL.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[h=2]Processing times – skilled migration applications affected by processing priorities[/h]The below table describes the processing times for skilled migration visa subclasses.

[TABLE=class: bordertable]

[TR]

[TH]Priority Group Number[/TH]

[TH]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH]Processing Time[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]RSMS

(subclass 119, 857) Skilled Regional[/TD]

[TD]Low risk – 5 months

High risk – 8 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect

(subclass 187)[/TD]

[TD]6 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]ENS

(subclass 121, 856) [/TD]

[TD]Low risk – 5 months

High risk – 8 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect

(subclass 186) [/TD]

[TD]6 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]SMP

(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886)[/TD]

[TD]12 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect SMP

(subclass 190 and 489)[/TD]

[TD]3 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1

(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885 and 176, 475, 487 if not SMP)[/TD]

[TD]18 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect Independent and Family Sponsored

(subclass 189 and 489)[/TD]

[TD]3 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]All visas listed in priority 3 and 4 that are not SMP or Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1[/TD]

[TD]Assessment will commence when all cases in priority groups 1-4 are finalised [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[h=2]Processing times – skilled migration applications exempt from processing priorities[/h]The following visa subclasses are exempt from priority processing. These subclasses are processed in the order in which they are received.

[TABLE=class: table-50]

[TR]

[TH]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH]Processing Time[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]476[/TD]

[TD]7 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]489 Subsequent entrant/ Renewal[/TD]

[TD]6 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]887[/TD]

[TD]6 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]120, 855[/TD]

[TD]Low risk – 5 months

High risk – 8 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[h=2]Definition – low/high risk[/h]The terms 'Low risk' and 'High risk' show whether passport holders are eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). Low risk applies to nationals from countries which issue ETA eligible passports. A list of these can be found on the department's website. High risk countries are those which are not ETA eligible.

See: ETA Eligible Passports

More information on worker category visas is available.

See: Workers

More information on SkillSelect visas is available.

See: SkillSelect

4. While lodgiing EOI on skillselect application they considered my all exp for calculating point which is wrong as per ACS assessment they deduct few years for non IT/cOmpuater degrees. Will it hamper my visa outcome as this is a problem with their application now with the docs.

It looks as if you could be in serious trouble because of this. In the worst case you will have your application refused and you will forfeit the visa application charge.

It looks as if you could be in serious trouble because of this. In the worst case you will have your application refused and you will forfeit the visa application charge.

Thanks wrussel! I had total 75 point at the time of EOI lodgment (Including 5 incorrect points for total experinece) but as per ACS rule now it will 70 Points which should be enough to grant the VISA. Problem is with the EOI tool it just ask your employment details from start it has not mentioned anywhere that enter what is skilled years of experience. I think CO shold understand this. In the worst case what advice you would like to give to not get into wrong path right now as i have loadged my visa already? Shall i send them some mail or some information/affidavit stating all this confusion?

Thanks

Nil

Unfortunately it doesn't matter if you would still have enough points without those five. You might not have been sent the invitation had you not claimed them, someone else may have rightfully been entitled to your spot. So it makes your application invalid.

Contact a MARA agent for advice.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter if you would still have enough points without those five. You might not have been sent the invitation had you not claimed them, someone else may have rightfully been entitled to your spot. So it makes your application invalid.

Contact a MARA agent for advice.

Thanks for suhhesting i am not going through agent. Shall i submit form 1022 and 1023 which is for incorrect answers and change incircumstance available on Immie account?

Saying about someone would have got slected rather than me , i think even if i dont count those 5 extra points i have total 70 points which is valid to get Auto envitee after i receive State sponsership. I am i right? so i am eating anyone space here?

THanks

Are there any people in this forum who GOT their VISA even if they have gone through below situation?

1. While lodging EOI points got calculated incorrectly but at the time of VISA lodgment point were little less than the EOI submitted but more or equal to 60?

this is because of EOI application have some problem to calculate points for ACS Major graduates people, for whom according to ACS some experiences gets deducted to equate with the Bachelor degree in Computing as per Australian Education standard.

For example Bachelor degree of Electronics engineer working in IT field since 7 years will get only 3 years as IT experience in his field.

Now while entering employment details in EOI from which Application calculates points for experience gets wrongly calculated as it does not deduct experience years for non computer graduates working in IT field. Now when we lodge VISA we submit all document of our expericen years for which i think CO can understand that some points are less as per EOI lodgment.

Now i am going through this dilemma even though after lodgment i have total 70 points for 190 Visa but my EOI was claiming 75 because of which i got invitee as soon as i got state sponsership.

Please advice what to do who got their visa in such situation.

THanks

Nilesh

Nilesh, you have a lot of money at stake here and to a case officer it could look like you have lied about your points. I would suggest, as the others have done getting in touch and paying for the services of a migration agent. You wont find anyone on here who would be comfortable offering any other kind of advice. If you want to take the risk of doing it your way then that would be your choice...

Nilesh, you have a lot of money at stake here and to a case officer it could look like you have lied about your points. I would suggest, as the others have done getting in touch and paying for the services of a migration agent. You wont find anyone on here who would be comfortable offering any other kind of advice. If you want to take the risk of doing it your way then that would be your choice...

Hi Jac2011,

Thanks for the suggestion, i wrote an mail to DIBP officer with below content.

Hi Respected Authority,I have some serious concern about my 190 Visa Application.

Few days back i have lodged my 190 VISA application. Before to this i had EOI submitted with 75 as total points. Now while lodging application I come to know that i have total 70 points because of problem in the SKILLSELECT application while submitting EOI for calcualtion of points for experience.

For example for non computer graduates person working in IT field for period of 7 years will have total experience as 3 years. Four years experience will get deducted from total experice to euqate with degree in computers.

Now when we enter employment information in EOI submission, we enter from start of the carrer where SKILL SELECT calculate wrong points for experience.

In my case EOI come with 75 Points while after loadgment i realisedit should be 70. On the basis of 70 valid points whichI have now i got Invitee as soon as i got state sponsership from Victoria.Now here i have not tried to give any false information togo ahead with race to get invitee for Visa.

Now i have question What shoudld i do to avoid possible rejection of VISA?Shall i upload form 1022/1023? Will CO will consider my plea/Applicaiton for processing?

Please suggest what to do? I am handelling my application on my own I dont have Agent who can guide me.

ThanksNil

I nver lied to anything, its a system problem how doest it calculate points. I dont need to lie even as i have 70 points.

I understand what you are saying, its just difficult to understand when others manage to complete it correctly. I note that your use of English language is quite poor, could it possibly be that you misunderstood the form due to the language barrier?

Just a quick question, going off topic a little... if you have 70 points, why are you bothering with a 190 visa?

Why not just go for a 189 visa? You will have no restrictions like having to live in a particular state, proving you have $x0,000 in the bank, and maybe others.

From what I've read, in your EOI you are supposed to enter only the relevant experience so it will calculate your points correctly. So if you worked from 2006-2014 but only the experience from 2008 is considered for points, then you enter 2008-2014. I'd suggest you speak with a migration agent as you may be faced with the refusal of your visa.

The issue is that you've entered your information into the EOI incorrectly. You only include the relevant experience, not all of it. You should have noticed that the points were incorrect.

Form 1023 for incorrect answers applies to incorrect information on the visa application, not the EOI.

I just replied to a PM on this issue, as follows:

You are likely to have your application refused and forfeit the visa application charge you have paid. It is not possible to correct this.

Some people in similar circumstances have claimed that when they were notified of an Intention to Refuse and invited to comment, their explanation was accepted. I have not been involved in similar case, none of my clients have been in this situation.

Just a quick question, going off topic a little... if you have 70 points, why are you bothering with a 190 visa?

Why not just go for a 189 visa? You will have no restrictions like having to live in a particular state, proving you have $x0,000 in the bank, and maybe others.

Becasue my occuption was not on SOL its was on CSOL where nomination/sponsership required. I cant apply 189

I just replied to a PM on this issue, as follows:You are likely to have your application refused and forfeit the visa application charge you have paid. It is not possible to correct this.Some people in similar circumstances have claimed that when they were notified of an Intention to Refuse and invited to comment, their explanation was accepted. I have not been involved in similar case, none of my clients have been in this situation.

Hi Wruseel,Thanks for sharing information. could you please suggest what can i do now?In the worst case of rejection when can i reapply as ACS assessment is valid for 3 years and IELTS is for 2 years. It just i have to loadge new EOI and New sponsership application again.WIll i be eligible to do this after rejection or will i get banned from applying any visa?

From what I've read, in your EOI you are supposed to enter only the relevant experience so it will calculate your points correctly. So if you worked from 2006-2014 but only the experience from 2008 is considered for points, then you enter 2008-2014. I'd suggest you speak with a migration agent as you may be faced with the refusal of your visa.

Thanks Maggie!!!

Goodness, contact an agent.

Get some professional advice, you've a lot to lose. Stop trying to scrabble together a solution here and go speak to a reputable agent ASAP. There are a number active on here, all of whom will steer you right.

Dear All.

Nilesh190 is completely safe as he applied for 190 subclass visa.

There is no advantage gained as base line of 60 points generates invite as soon as the state sponsorship is finalised. Which means 60 points are as good as 75 points in subclass 190 visa.

Case-Officers are well trained professionals who serves all applicants equally. Recently, one new clause has been added which allows applicants to correct inadvertent errors.

Please see following example of applicant who was allowed to correct his inadvertent mistake. He claimed 70 points, after correction it were 60 points. CO allowed to correct his points and GRANTED VISA.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/217151-sos-not-recognising-full-work-experience-sos.html

• 1 month later...

VISA Granted this morning!!! Thanks to all Forum members here to keep us updated !!!!

For me it was impossible thing because of Overclaiming mistake which i did earlier but still got direct grant!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Timeline:

Jan 14 ACS result

July 14 IELTS cleared with7

28th July EOI and VIS SS submission

25th Sep SS Approved and ITA received

28th Sep Lodge Visa with all frontloaded docs(Including form 80 and many 1023 form for all mistakes i have done)

03 Dec Direct Visa Grant!!!

Archived