Just got married!!!T

lovejarora

Hey Fella's,

I just got married, so far, i got my Skills assessment and currently am preparing for the PTE academic test. For now, i am applying for myself only but still a tad baffled about the change in the documents. I know i would need to change my passport and will need to get the marriage certificate.

But other than these two, would i need anything else considering i only hold the skills assessment ??

Thanks,

Lovej

Thanks again, i went through the website, just need to show the proof of us being married ??

As far as everything else goes, should i need extra 5 points, only then partner's skills assessment and Competent English proof is needed....I am already scoring 60 points so i think there is no need for that ?? Also, would she still have to go through PTE/IELTS ??

Thanks!!!

:-)

just need to show the proof of us being married ??

Don't know, I'm not married. I was in a defacto relationship for 5 years already. I sent stuff like having a joint bank account, rental agreement in both names etc. I guess for marriage it's different, but just to give you an idea.

As far as everything else goes, should i need extra 5 points, only then partner's skills assessment and Competent English proof is needed....I am already scoring 60 points so i think there is no need for that ??

I had my skills assessment done to gain the 5 extra points. If you don't need it, your partner doesn't have to go through the skills assessment hoops. It's up to you to decide if 60 is enough. Depending on the visa, some people are in front of the queue when they get more points I believe. But it's been nearly 3 years for me, so I don't know the details any more.

Also, would she still have to go through PTE/IELTS ??

Don't know what PTE is. Not sure if your partner has to do an IELTS test as you're speaking English as your first language. I'm from Netherlands and the partner had to do the IELTS as well (general ielts - at least a 4.5...which obviously is a piece of cake).

Thanks a lot for the information!!

Firstly, I am from India, So, my partner would have to do IELTS test which is okay as it just needs to be at the competent level.

Secondly, I am applying for 189 Skills Independent Visa Under Computer Networks and systems Engineer, it has a cap of 1800 and till now only 350 invitations have been issues, so i think, 60 points wouldn't stand in the way. Also, a friend of mine got his invitation with 60 points in 5 weeks.

Also, i tried checking through the Pricing Estimator but it didn't work, would anybody know How much would i need to pay in AUD ??

Thanks again!!

You guys are awesome!!

:D

Thanks a lot for the information!!

Firstly, I am from India, So, my partner would have to do IELTS test which is okay as it just needs to be at the competent level.

Secondly, I am applying for 189 Skills Independent Visa Under Computer Networks and systems Engineer, it has a cap of 1800 and till now only 350 invitations have been issues, so i think, 60 points wouldn't stand in the way. Also, a friend of mine got his invitation with 60 points in 5 weeks.

Also, i tried checking through the Pricing Estimator but it didn't work, would anybody know How much would i need to pay in AUD ??

Thanks again!!

You guys are awesome!!

:D

Congratulations!

If you're not claiming Partner Skills points, your wife actually only needs Functional English which is even easier to get than Competent - only an average of 4.5 is needed. The reason she needs it is to avoid needing to pay the Second Instalment of $4885 so it's well worth the effort.

Cost of a 189 for you and your wife will be AUD$5280 i.e. $3520 for you and $1760 for your wife.