Anyone know a Catherine Williams in Butler (or surrounding areas)?

Mattis

I've found some lost property at the local shops which I'd like to return to her - email or phone perhaps?

PM me please

Thanks

I would suggest that if anyone does know Catherine, that they do not pass her details on to Mattis. Get Mattis to PM you his contact details and pass them on to Catherine, and leave it up to her whether she wishes to make contact to reclaim her lost property.

Can you not drop it off at the local police station and let them contact her to claim it?

I do echo what has been said above, people should not give out someone else's contact details.

I suppose it must be very personal property that has been found for the OP to ascertain that she is a migrant/pom in oz??

I too strongly suggest that if you do know her then please do not pass on her details. Instead inform of her of this post and allow her to make contact only if she wishes to do so.

I agree but isn't it sad that someone probably trying to do a good turn is treat with suspicion, says a lot about the world we live in.

My husband and I were in Tesco's car park not so long back and a women asked for our help as she had lost her car. We did help her look but I was on my guard, maybe because we had not long got back from holiday which had taken in places like Geneva and Paris where scams are rife, anyway my OH found her car parked in a completely different section of the car park :) She was so thankful and I felt so bad for being cautious, maybe she approached us 'cos we were a middle-aged couple and she felt safe.

I agree but isn't it sad that someone probably trying to do a good turn is treat with suspicion, says a lot about the world we live in.

My husband and I were in Tesco's car park not so long back and a women asked for our help as she had lost her car. We did help her look but I was on my guard, maybe because we had not long got back from holiday which had taken in places like Geneva and Paris where scams are rife, anyway my OH found her car parked in a completely different section of the car park :) She was so thankful and I felt so bad for being cautious, maybe she approached us 'cos we were a middle-aged couple and she felt safe.

Well, it is suspicious if you think about it.

A first time poster who comes onto the Poms In Oz site asking for the phone number or email address of a lady who he/she somehow knows is a migrant.

How do they even know she is a 'pom'?

If the lost property is that personal and it enables a stranger to know a lady's name and nationality, then it can be handed into the police station.

Being a typical bloke, I would have searched for it for weeks (the car that is),before asking for help.. Far too embarrassing.. :wacko:

The OP might know she's a "pom" as whatever it is they have found (handbag???)might contain a passport?Immi letter?Drivers license?They (and I say "They"because for all we know it could be a woman right?)are asking for a phone number or email,not asking that the lady in question meet them in some dark alley!:eek:Yes be careful obviously,but to the OP,I'd be handing it into the local cop station thats closest to where you found said item!

Archived