Starting to get the hang of things...?

123LexiJ

So, moved out here at the beginning of June 2014. Husband and I lucky enough to get a permanent residency visa with no conditions, which means no stipulations on where to live or what job to have. We're making the most of this opportunity by travelling around the country for 12 months or so, before deciding on somewhere to hopefully buy a plot of land and build and grow our own. Touch wood, everything's going well so far, my only slight point of confusion is what shops are the equivalent of UK ones? eg what's the nearest thing to Boots chemist? or TK Maxx for decent discounted clothing and random items? In general, very happy to be here, don't miss much about the UK yet, would be nice if I could have brought all my family and friends out though!

:ssign19:

Chemist warehouse has good prices. Target for discount clothes and a mix of things. Target does vary depending on where you live, in major large areas you will find a larger range of items, but then you have "country target" in more rural areas that has a far more limited range of products. Big W is also not to bad.

Having spent the day is Brisbane yesterday, I can safely say that it's pretty expensive for clothing in the city! On the way home we stopped in one of the suburbs about 20 mins out from the centre and clothes were much cheaper in the shops there. Kmart and Target have a fairly decent selection, if you don't mind shopping there.

There are discount chemists everywhere.

I think the trick is to shop around - I used to get everything in the supermarket. Now I'm in chemists, fruit n veg shops, butchers, different supermarkets for different things. Prices vary so much here; if you've got the time, shop around!

Trade secrets is a little like TK Max cross Matalan but i dont find it cheap at all. Big W and K- mart sell cheap and cheerful, Target is a little better quality wise but for shoes, trainers etc we use the DFO at Brisbane airport and if you happen to be there when theyre having a sale ,there is some real bargains to be had.

Cal x

Guest Vixenpops

Food Woolworths and Coles similar to Tesco/Sainsburys, Lidl and Aldi as at home

Clothes - Kmart, best and less, big w and Rivers are quite cheap with target a bit better quality and then a big jump in price

Chemist - I always go discount chemist - much cheaper

I miss M&S food lol but thats pretty much it :)

Enjoy your tour

Archived