Cheapest postage options of small packages UK to Oz please!

Fishenka

Hi all, I am still recovering from prices here...

$300 for a kids bike that costs £60 back home or $80 for £24 toddler clarks shoes...

the cheapest postage option for a 4kg package from UK to Oz I can find online is around £50 but gets here in less than a week. If time is not critical, can someone pls recommend cheapest company/currier for posting things like kids shoes and bday presents over here?

many thanks! :)

the cheapest postage option for a 4kg package from UK to Oz I can find online is around £50 but gets here in less than a week. If time is not critical, can someone pls recommend cheapest company/currier for posting things like kids shoes and bday presents over here?

many thanks! :)

Are you getting family to buy things in the UK and getting them posted out? You'll usually get a much better deal by buying online from UK suppliers and getting them to post it - they get bulk courier deals which you can't get.

Try looking on ebay.com.au and make sure you've selected "worldwide" in your search settings. If you really want to insist on buying from the UK, you can select "UK only". I buy my bras from a UK seller on eBay, half the price of here.

Avon won't send overseas because they have reps here so they won't compete. But there are plenty of other retailers who will. It can be a bit frustrating finding them, but it just takes a bit of patience. What stuff are you after?

http://www.onlineshoes.com/clarks-b_id13

http://www.cloggs.co.uk/page/delivery#internationalorder

Just beware of Debenhams international delivery.I made the mistake last year,leading up to Xmas,shopping online (from the UK)for Xmas presents which I found in the sale.Spent ages choosing items,went to checkout,chose the International delivery option,and was then told I could not send "sale"items,and was then directed to another page,where the prices of items were significantly higher.I ended up paying postage twice.Once for the items (in the sale)to be sent to my place and then secondly over to Oz!

If a package is marked 'small package' and is under 2 kg it can be sent cheaply from the uk to Oz for about £15 Royal Mail.

Some post offices don't know about it so you have to direct them. They will try to send it regular postage. Stipulate Small Package.

It is supposed to go by boat and take upto a few months but many a time it went by air for us and had gotten there 10 days later.

Archived