Pregnant, visa granted (189) but VERY tight date if entry!!!!!

Matamanoa

Hello everybody!

We are in a bit of a predicament....

We applied for the 189 visa and then found out I was pregnant with our third baby!

We have been granted the visa last Tuesday and given date of entry by 24th of February 2015, one week beofore the due date!

We thought that usually the entry date is after one year from the medicals or pcc, whichever is earlier..... So it came to us as a bit of a shock.

we would prefer to have the baby in the UK as it makes life much much easier.....

We emailed our CO and hope for a positive answer.... Any further advice?

Thanks

That's the date of first entry probably, you only need to take a trip there. You don't need to move at that point, just activate your visa.. It's a bit of a pain, but an alternative if you're not ready to go yet.. Hope this helps.. :wink:

Hi nearlythere1!

We thought about doing that but, a part from the very expensive tickets, because I was pregnant during the medicals I could not have X-rays so I had to fill in a form where I am obliged to prove I have no tb within the first 4 weeks after my first entry in Oz..... Which makes it impossible as I don't have enough holidays to stay that long.....

i feel a bit stuck at the moment!!!

Did you notify them of your pregnancy by the way? You may have more of issue with that, if not? Not sure how it works but your new child might nor have a visa if not included? Someone else should be able to give further advice on that part.. Good luck.. :wink:

yes they are aware of the pregnancy and of the due date.... Baby will need to apply for a child visa if born in the uk, which is not that difficult to obtain once the parents have the visa themselves....

It's worth a try asking the CO, they may let you extend it on medical grounds etc? If you're not fit to fly? I've never heard of this before, most people on here seem to just activate their visa with a short trip. Don't know if they'll go for the "not wanting to pay for expensive flights" part though.. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of your situation will be along to advise you on here soon.. Best of luck with your plans.. :wink:

I was pregnant on my 190 visa, and postponed Medicals , gave birth to my son and then put him as well in the application. I really think that the CO will not extend your entry date, but fingers crossed . You can always activate your visa now, and return to UK. Good luck.

Hi jupiter!

we should have indeed waited for the MEDS but we were confident that the entry would have been one year after MEDS or pcc (July 2015)

We looked into going to Oz to validate and go all together.... Price is £7000!!!!

I feel kind of stuck at the moment!

You have a health undertaking to completedue to not doing the chest xray during the medical this is the reason why you only have 6 months from date of grant to validate your visas.

Validation dates can not be changed - either everyone validates each visa or they are lost.

I believe as long as you make first entry to Australia by holiday the health undertaking can be done at a later date when you move permanently to Australia.

The baby will also need a child visa if born offshore current costs around £1500.

You have a health undertaking to completedue to not doing the chest xray during the medical this is the reason why you only have 6 months from date of grant to validate your visas.

Validation dates can not be changed - either everyone validates each visa or they are lost.

I believe as long as you make first entry to Australia by holiday the health undertaking can be done at a later date when you move permanently to Australia.

The baby will also need a child visa if born offshore current costs around £1500.

Thank you for your answer lebourvellec! It does make sense then!

Thank you for your answer lebourvellec! It does make sense then!

Not that I would recommend it but as long as your OH validates his visa, he can sponsor you for partner visa at later date, current offshore processing times are 10-14 months, offshore child visa processing is 8-12 months.

Last resort if you couldn't validate your visa.

Hi jupiter!

we should have indeed waited for the MEDS but we were confident that the entry would have been one year after MEDS or pcc (July 2015)

We looked into going to Oz to validate and go all together.... Price is £7000!!!!

I feel kind of stuck at the moment!

if you are flexible about dates, times and locations you should be able to get return flights to Australia for a lot less than that. You don't have to stay long - in theory you can get off the place, clear immigration and turn around and check back in for the return flight. Bear in mind that if you decided to go the partner route as suggested above this could end up costing just as much as you all validating your visas on a trip to Australia.

if you are flexible about dates, times and locations you should be able to get return flights to Australia for a lot less than that. You don't have to stay long - in theory you can get off the place, clear immigration and turn around and check back in for the return flight. Bear in mind that if you decided to go the partner route as suggested above this could end up costing just as much as you all validating your visas on a trip to Australia.
not possible to get off plane and turn round as the op needs to start the process for the health undertaking.

It may be easier in the long run to have the baby in Australia since s/he would be an Australian citizen and saves you the time/expense of applying for a child visa. Otherwise, I think you need to pay the expense of the validation trip for everyone if you aren't prepared to move over before your entry date.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there - not sure if this is the best place to post, but currently in the process of submitting EOI for 189. I was wondering if anyone has had experience of being at this stage when o/h is pregnant.

My IELTS & SA completed - so unsure whether to submit EOI now knowing that we will delay o/h medicals until after birth in March or wait until say Jan to submit EOI. Currently considering submitting EOI, processing everythng except o/h medicals and then after birth, completing o/h medicals and submitting change of circumstances form to assigned case officer.

The only sticking point is the period to activate the visa - we are getting conflicting advice. Can anyone clarify whether the period of activation for the visa is 12mnths from the visa approval/grant or 12 mnths from the completion of the medical/police checks?

Thanks in advance - the brain is going mushy!

Hi there - not sure if this is the best place to post, but currently in the process of submitting EOI for 189. I was wondering if anyone has had experience of being at this stage when o/h is pregnant.

My IELTS & SA completed - so unsure whether to submit EOI now knowing that we will delay o/h medicals until after birth in March or wait until say Jan to submit EOI. Currently considering submitting EOI, processing everythng except o/h medicals and then after birth, completing o/h medicals and submitting change of circumstances form to assigned case officer.

The only sticking point is the period to activate the visa - we are getting conflicting advice. Can anyone clarify whether the period of activation for the visa is 12mnths from the visa approval/grant or 12 mnths from the completion of the medical/police checks?

Thanks in advance - the brain is going mushy!

I was pregnant when applied for 190 visa, delayed MED until the baby was born, for the whole family and even asked our CO to allow us to upload new PCC so that we could have the later entry date, so we submitted PCC again, together with the Med. And the advantage was that, believe it or not we did not have to pay visa fee for the newborn ;)

Hi all

Thanks for responses. I also spoke to IMMI who verified above. EOI submitted 10/10 and invite received today (12/10) - all moving quickly. Decided to progress application as far as possible and then delay all meds and PPC checks until March 15.

Jupiter - we were also advised same re baby visa fee. Happy days!

Manctooz

Archived