I need a WHV buddy for next year sometime?!

jessicagrunner

Hi Matt, sounds like you have the exact same plan as me but in a different location! I haven't booked the flight yet but have found one on 6th April which gets me to Brisbane first thing on 8th. Planning to book it up this weekend :) I want to get work in the Queensland area so I can travel from north to South eventually. So have you done any travelling previously or is this all new to you?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, where I stand right now I could probably leave tomorrow if I wanted to, I'm 29 at the end of March and truth be told have little to remain here for. Plan for me would be to fly to either Sydney or Perth, hopefully find some work pretty soon after arriving. Never travelled anywhere alone before really so this would be hugely out of comfort zone!

Hi Jodie,

Sounds good. I travelled for around 5 months back in 2009/10 and spent 2 months in Oz. So it's not necessarily a new thing to me, but being away for a year most certainly will be! It's a shame you didn't opt to fly into Sydney otherwise we would be landing on the same day!!

LostSoul, it will be a great experience for you I have no doubt! Have you given any thought into when you are likely to depart?

Have either of you sorted your WHV yet?

Matt

Hi LostSoul, I think you will have the time of your life, I always think it's good to get out of the comfort zone sometimes as it gives us a challenge and makes us realise what we are actually capable of!

Matt, it is a shame we are heading to different places but maybe our paths will cross during the year! I've also been to oz before for 5 months on a uni exchange programme, I was 19 at the time and didn't get to travel very much as had to stay and study at the uni! I have got my WHV all sorted, so haven't got much left to do now luckily. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone :-)

I am new to the forum!

I am 20 years old from England, turning 21 this year and I hope to travel Aus Nov/Dec this year or Jan 2016 latest! I am going to apply for a 1 year visa.

I am a little nervous as I will be a solo traveller so it would be nice to meet some friends before I go to meet up with over in Aus!

If anyone is looking for someone to travel reply and I will give you my facebook deets!

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

Hey everyone :-)

I am new to the forum!

I am 20 years old from England, turning 21 this year and I hope to travel Aus Nov/Dec this year or Jan 2016 latest! I am going to apply for a 1 year visa.

I am a little nervous as I will be a solo traveller so it would be nice to meet some friends before I go to meet up with over in Aus!

If anyone is looking for someone to travel reply and I will give you my facebook deets!

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

Hello Beth. Welcome to pio :)

I think it's normal to be nervous but it seems that most people go to Australia alone so you'll meet plenty people. If you book into a hostel as soon as you go in the room people will be friendly and ask where your from etc. I stayed in a hostel and London alone and that's what happened. Annoying thing was most people were only staying one night. In australia your probably more likely to meet people who are staying much longer and if you like them you could go to the next place with them :)

Where in Australia are you thinking of starting?

Hi Stacey,

Thanks!

Yeah sure, I was thinking hostels would be my best option to meet new people. I'm fairly confident and love meeting new people but I still feel nervous.

I would like to start in Sydney. I also hear Adelaide is cool? but I'm happy to go anywhere to be honest! I did a Contiki of Europe and I thought I might do a Contiki in Aus if I liked it but I didn't. It was far too organised and I like an adventure rather than an itinery, not that I'm going to just rock up. I mean I will plan out roughly but I'd rather not have anything set in stone! Have you been to Aus yourself or are you going? I briefly read some of your comments but there was so many pages on this forum I skimmed ha :-)

Beth

Hi Stacey,

Thanks!

Yeah sure, I was thinking hostels would be my best option to meet new people. I'm fairly confident and love meeting new people but I still feel nervous.

I would like to start in Sydney. I also hear Adelaide is cool? but I'm happy to go anywhere to be honest! I did a Contiki of Europe and I thought I might do a Contiki in Aus if I liked it but I didn't. It was far too organised and I like an adventure rather than an itinery, not that I'm going to just rock up. I mean I will plan out roughly but I'd rather not have anything set in stone! Have you been to Aus yourself or are you going? I briefly read some of your comments but there was so many pages on this forum I skimmed ha :-)

Beth

Nerves are completely normal, I bet even the most confident person gets them. It's a big step! Sydney sounds a really good place to start :) I haven't heard much about Adelaide tbh! A friend went on the Europe contiki tour and loved it but it sounded far too organised for me too.

I haven't been but I'm aiming for September. That's when my visa expires so if I don't save up enough money in time then I'll have to apply again which is a pain. I think I'm heading to Perth

Yeah, it was pretty quick paced! It was a good taster of Europe but not my cup of tea.

I'm sure you'll save up in time. That sounds like a good plan. Perth had never really crossed my mind. Does it have a lot to offer? I want to do all the East of Aus.

Beth

Yeah it sounded like that had one night in each place. I'd rather go at my own pace. Plus it sounds expensive, could do it a lot cheaper. I'm sure she told me it was nearly 1k without spending money!

It's got lovely beaches, the city looks nice. You can travel the rest of WA and see proper outback etc. it just depends what you want. It's shorter on the flight too lol. I'm mostly just going there first because I know quite a lot of people on the forum from there so it might make me feel more comfortable knowing people. Also there's a few people from my town who are over there at the moment so there must be something good about it haha! Otherwise I would go to Sydney first. It's not set in stone so you never know. I want to do all of the east coast too. I have family in Melbourne so I'd go see them. Want to a see Tasmania too

• 3 months later...

Hi. I will be arriving in Melbourne at end of September/early October (depending on how long i decide to stay in Bali), planning on 2-3 months there then move on to Sydney for a bit then heading up the east coast towards Brisbane/Cairns. Would be great if anyone would like to meet up at some point along the way.

Cheers

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey guy's! Just found out about this forum, exciting stuff! Me and my girlfriend are going next September, I think the 8th, booking it this weekend! Oh, and having a 3-day stop over in Kuala Lumpur :D Nothing is set in stone BUT, we're hoping that this plan goes something similar; Stay in Sydney from September until the New Year, local traveling and working in Sydney (staying for the NY fireworks) ;) and the flying over to Cairns, renting/buying a camper van and travelling down on a really, really long road trip...looking to get a 3-5 person camper so open for more travellers to create memorable experiences! ABSOLUTELY BUZZING!!!

Hi Parry,

This forum is great to start meeting people and get ideas etc.. I will be arriving into Sydney 22nd Sept with similar plans work / travel locally until New Years, would be great to meet some people with plans for camper van up the east coast!