309 visa - sponsorship eligibility... HELP!!

lollipop1804

Hello,

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help us with our queries..

My partner and I are currently in the process of completing our forms for a Partner Migration visa, I currently hold permanent residency however I have been back and forth from Aus for the past 4 years as I came back to the UK for university as I was not entitled to any H.E.L.P. support with tuition fees down under...

(

In that time I have been back on 3-4 month holidays etc, however two years ago I met my partner (who now wants to emigrate) and ended up living with him in the UK, currently still living together and have been for 15 months. We have been to aus in this time but we are just wondering if I satisfy the requirement of being ' usually resident in Australia ' as I have been out of the country on and off.

My goals have always been to move back to Australia after university, just being a normal human being I met someone who after 2 years now wants to do make this move back with me. My entire family lives in Perth so we have a strong foundation for moving out there. I just hope that I am still entitled to my permanent residency status.

I have checked VEVO on the immi website and I know I have no restrictions on my visa, my PR was granted in January 2012.

I hope someone can help us, this is the only niggle we have regarding the application!!

Thanks again,

Lauren and Paul

Guest MigrateAustralia

Hi Lauren,

The Australian High Commission on London does not stress too much on the requirement for the sponsor to be 'usually resident in Australia'. I can see that you have been back and forth between Australia and the UK during this time, so I think you should be fine with the sponsorship.

All the best to both of you.

Regards,

Christel

Guest MigrateAustralia

P.S. Your PR visa is valid for 5 years from the date of grant, so unless this has been cancelled by the Department of Immigration (and you would certainly know about it if they tried), you are still entitled to live in Australia permanently.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived