contributry parent visa

cookfoody

Guest geordie joe

Hi

This is an automated reply I've recently received from the parent immigration department relating to a question about my application.

Processing times for Contributory Parent Visas - subclass 143 where applicant does not hold a subclass 173 visa.

Due to the high volume of applications received, it is currently taking approximately 18 months from receiving an application for a contributory parent visa application until the assessment stage. The current processing date is February 2013. When your application is allocated to a case officer for assessment, they will contact you or your authorised recipient to advise the next stage of processing. Please note that we generally receive between 250 and 300 applications a month so if you lodged an application in that month but have not yet heard from us be assured we will get to you. If your application was lodged after this date, assessing will not have commenced.

Hope this helps

Joe

anyone know if the time scale for parent contributry visas has changed have been waiting 12 months now and still not heard anything might just sell up in the uk and go to oz and wait there getting fed up of not hearing anything

Time frame has been 18 months for quite a while now. In your shoes. I definitely wouldn't pack up and go. You won't be able to ship your belongings and if you turn up on a tourist visa with ten suitcases and a one way ticket you could be turned away at the door. You would also be on a tourist visa which makes everything a bit more complicated, renting or buying a house for example.

Guest geordie joe
Time frame has been 18 months for quite a while now. In your shoes. I definitely wouldn't pack up and go. You won't be able to ship your belongings and if you turn up on a tourist visa with ten suitcases and a one way ticket you could be turned away at the door. You would also be on a tourist visa which makes everything a bit more complicated, renting or buying a house for example.

Would it not be an option to apply for a long stay visitor visa which allows the applicant to stay for up to 12 months. Obviously they would need to leave Oz prior to the CPV being granted, also I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to ship belongings.

Would it not be an option to apply for a long stay visitor visa which allows the applicant to stay for up to 12 months. Obviously they would need to leave Oz prior to the CPV being granted, also I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to ship belongings.

Because tourist visas are for tourists, they are on to for people to sit out waiting a visa and tourists don't generally bring their furniture and household effects with them on holiday! Shipping companies will not ship for somebody with a tourist visa, they will ask to see right to abode.

So am I reading this right??

Its taking 18 months to be processed. Now does that mean from date of application to visa grant date? Or visa application to being assigned a case officer?

My mum in law submitted her application in April, we're trying to get her over on a 12 month tourist visa.

Part of that application however, asked if she was applying for cpv, then it asked for a processing date, which we don't have, so we can't move forward on.the tourist visa application!!!

Any advice on that please???

So am I reading this right??

Its taking 18 months to be processed. Now does that mean from date of application to visa grant date? Or visa application to being assigned a case officer?

My mum in law submitted her application in April, we're trying to get her over on a 12 month tourist visa.

Part of that application however, asked if she was applying for cpv, then it asked for a processing date, which we don't have, so we can't move forward on.the tourist visa application!!!

Any advice on that please???

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/77756-brand-new-pio-parents-visa-thread-725.html

Check out post no 7247. This may help. I would just give an approximate date. They are probably asking because the CPV is an offshore visa and your m-I-l will need to be offshore when her CPV is granted. She should however, still make a point of informing the Parents Processing Centre that she is in Australia just to be on the safe side.

thank you everyone for all your replys and advice very helpful think we just need to play the waiting game only we were led to believe they would start processing after about 12 months and as we appiled september 2013 we thought things would start moving but it seems not .My daughter inSydney is acting for us and she had a email last january telling us to have police checks and medicals in place by september which we have just done but now if they dont start until next Feb may hve to have them done again as they are only valid for six months bit annoying but will just have to go with it anyway big thanks Geordi Jo and all cookfoody

thanks for you advice as we have a house to sell think it will at least 6 months before everything is sorted both of our children are now setteled in oz one in Sydney and one in Brisbane so retiring and moving to oz to be nearer to them and grandkids nothing inthe uk for us anymore im sure i will be asking for a lot more advice in the future thanks again cookfoody

another question guys we wiil be bringing a classic car with us is it right that you have to have been granted a visa before you can ship it we were thinking we could ship it to our son in Brisbane but may husband thinks he has read somewhere we cant do that as our son is not the ownwer of the car

Archived