Quick medical question?

Nursebucko

I am just in the process of lodging my visa application. I am going to wait for the medicals to be asked just so I have abit of extra time. What I would like to know, is I am sure I have read that all family members will need one, so that will be me, my husband and 2 children.

Both of mine are under 11 so I believe they won't get asked for a chest X-ray. What sort of things will they do to the kids, will they take bloods??

Im just dreading the whole blood thing with the kids, one of my boys does not like needles!! ? can anyone give advice of what to expect? X

According the IMMI website:

• a medical examination
  • a chest x-ray and (if aged 11 years or older or considered appropriate on clinical grounds)
  • an HIV test (if aged 15 years or older or considered appropriate on clinical grounds).

This suggest your children will not be blood tested; unless they have blood-related medical complications and/or have had transfusions recently. For my own medical there was a urine, blood and eye test. Plus the X-Ray and general medical questions about recent illnesses or medication.

My (adult) medical consisted of:

a) Brief chat with doctor regarding medical history, any family illnesses and any previous hospital stays. They then examine you (check height, weight, BMI, tummy, lymph nodes, reflexes, eyesight, posture/straightness of spine)

b) Blood tests

c) Chest xray

Takes no more than 30 mins and they upload the docs directly onto immi.gov.au the next day if there are no problems, so you don't have to do anything. I believe your medical and PCC are valid for a year from date of issue.

Hope this helps

Thanks very much guys! Very helpful! I'm sure my kids will be very relieved to hear there are no needles coming at them!

Also another couple of questions, i keep losing the info on the website, that I just wouldnt mind answering, im currently scanning all my docs in and Im colour scanning the originals, does this mean that I do not need them certifying>?

Lastly, my husband is english, how does he prove that other than his passport, he doesnt have to do ielts does he?? I read somewhere about proving that he has been educated for at least 5 yrs at secondary school in english, is that right?

If you upload colour scans, you then don't need to have documents certified.

His UK passport is sufficient to demonstrate his English proficiency so he doesn't need to do IELTS. If you're claiming partner skilled occupation points for him, it's possible he'd need IELTS for the skills assessment, but I think these situations are limited to only a few occupations.

Archived