Uploading photos for partner visa

appleosprey

Hi everyone.

I hope someone can help me

I am in the process on applying for partner visa and we have to upload some photos.

Should we load them separately or together in a file?

I put 15 pics together in a word .doc file and it was 9mb and it said the file was too big.

The reason I am concerned is that when I enquired previously the immigration agent on the telephone said the application could only have a total of 60 attachments. Anything else would have to be emailed or sent in.

I wondered if someone knew of an easy solution to show many pics in a small file size so I could load our 90 photos into as less documents as possible

Thanks in advance if people can help

:)

At the risk of sounding harsh, 90 photos is a complete waste of yours and the case officers time. Photographs prove nothing except that people posed and had their photos taken. It doesn't prove when, where or why. The official advice from Australia House used to be:

Please do not send us video tapes or photograph albums. If you would like to support your claims with photographs, please choose a representative selection and make a photocopy.
But that was in the days before online partner visa applications.....

I'd include half a dozen tops. No more than 10. You don't need to send them at all and many don't. If your application is good, as in lots of actual evidence showing you are a couple, ie the paper trail stuff, pics are just superfluous.

And shrink the images down in size. You don't need to send them full size 1.2MB images. Just resize and send them as a few kb.

Hi everyone.

I hope someone can help me

I am in the process on applying for partner visa and we have to upload some photos.

Should we load them separately or together in a file?

I put 15 pics together in a word .doc file and it was 9mb and it said the file was too big.

The reason I am concerned is that when I enquired previously the immigration agent on the telephone said the application could only have a total of 60 attachments. Anything else would have to be emailed or sent in.

I wondered if someone knew of an easy solution to show many pics in a small file size so I could load our 90 photos into as less documents as possible

Thanks in advance if people can help

:)

Nobody wants to see your 90 photos. You need to provide proof of joint address and a shared life, I have 90 pictures with an old school friend it doesn't make us defacto couple! Focus on proper evidence, I don't think you need any photos, if you insist I would put in 3 or 4.

Ok thanks for your help, I will try and condense it to 20 or so photos and shrink the size down.

Many Thanks

Still think that is too many. Honestly, you really don't need to include them at all. As Pumpkin said, pictures don't really prove anything. Focus on your actual supporting evidence like bills, wills, rental agreements in your names, those things.

You don't need 20 photos. You don't need any, they don't prove a thing.

Well there are several photos over 5 years with the 2 of us and my niece from ages 1-5 and to me it would indicate that we have been in each others lives for several years. I cant see that it will go against me anyway, and I have already supplied the rest of the paperwork etc.

Im not sure why if some people say that photos dont help that the dept of immigration ask for them

Well there are several photos over 5 years with the 2 of us and my niece from ages 1-5 and to me it would indicate that we have been in each others lives for several years. I cant see that it will go against me anyway, and I have already supplied the rest of the paperwork etc.

Im not sure why if some people say that photos dont help that the dept of immigration ask for them

Photographs are one of a number of documents which can assist in evidencing a genuine and ongoing relationship. I recommend including a few photographs which can show the history of the relationship such as at social gatherings with friends or special events with family. Do not rely on them to evidence the relationship, as photographs by themselves do not prove much. As others have stated you should not include too many.

They dont ask for 20 and they certainly don't ask for 90. And niece or no niece, it doesn't prove anything other than you know each other. Goodness knows why you are so determined to drown your CO is unnecessary documents. It isn't needed. Get over it, maybe bore your Facebook friends with your photos instead.

Dear members,

For (recent) couples who have been recently married, it would be very difficult for them to prove their relationship through paper trial. Any advice on how to prove effectively. I think photographs are effective in this regard.

They dont ask for 20 and they certainly don't ask for 90. And niece or no niece, it doesn't prove anything other than you know each other. Goodness knows why you are so determined to drown your CO is unnecessary documents. It isn't needed. Get over it, maybe bore your Facebook friends with your photos instead.

I was just asking for some advice, there is no need to be so rude. I have never submitted an application for Partner visa before, this is my first time so thats why I was asking for advice. The Dept dont ask for any amount of pictures, thats why I was asking for advice. Get over your rude attitude and try and help people in a positive manner. Im sure you have experience you could use to help others in a nice and not so patronising manner

Sorry that I didn't know the correct amount of photos to upload!

Archived