FIRB Approval

Indi

Hi All,

Has anyone been dealing with FIRB for buying an existing dwelling on a 457. I have applied for the FIRB approval, and received an email requesting a residing address in Australia. We don't have an address there as we are buying a house to live there!?.

Thanks Indi

Q5.7. I have just been granted a temporary resident visa and intend to move to Australia within a few months. Am I eligible to buy an established (second hand) dwelling?

No. You must be living in in Australia to be able to seek approval to buy a second-hand property (as you would have to live in it).

I'm pretty certain from the FRIB website above you have to be already resident on the 457. Have you seen the house you want to buy?

Q5.7. I have just been granted a temporary resident visa and intend to move to Australia within a few months. Am I eligible to buy an established (second hand) dwelling?

No. You must be living in in Australia to be able to seek approval to buy a second-hand property (as you would have to live in it).

I'm pretty certain from the FRIB website above you have to be already resident on the 457. Have you seen the house you want to buy?

Hi Que Sera, Sera

Yes we have seen the house we want to buy when we went to visit in March/April. We also have put down a deposit for the house too. Is it possible to put down a relative's house who live in Australia?

I don't see why we need to be residing in Oz as we are buying a house to move across into.

Thanks Indi

Hi Que Sera, Sera

Yes we have seen the house we want to buy when we went to visit in March/April. We also have put down a deposit for the house too. Is it possible to put down a relative's house who live in Australia?

I don't see why we need to be residing in Oz as we are buying a house to move across into.

Thanks Indi

I'm not sure of the rules bit that was a direct quote from the website. I'm assuming they will be able to check with Immi if you have entered the country or not. Hopefully someonecan come along and clarify things for you.

Archived