Visa - documents help / photos?

Captain Roberto

• 2 weeks later...

I was having a look on the Immigration Dept website. Not sure entirely how to do it. Have you created your Immi account yet?

[h=1]Professionals and other Skilled Workers visa online applications[/h]Page Content

[h=2]Start an application[/h]To start an online application you will need to login to your ImmiAccount. If you do not have an ImmiAccount you will be prompted to create one.

You must add as much information as possible before you submit your application. Applications with missing information might take longer to finalise.

When completing your online application you must not copy and paste bullet points, numbering, accents etc from formatted documents into the free text fields. Only use numbers 0 – 9 and letters A – Z (upper and lower case), dashes '-' and underscores '_'

[h=1]Attach documents to an online application[/h]Page Content

You can attach documents to an online application when it has been submitted.

[h=2]Visa application[/h]To attach documents to your online visa application you will need to login to your ImmiAccount. If you do not have an account you will need to create one to access most online services.

See: ImmiAccount

Note: If you started an online visa application before 6 December 2013 you will need to import your application into your ImmiAccount. To import an application that is not in your account you will need to provide the following information:

• Application type
  • Transaction Reference Number (TRN)
  • Date of birth
  • Passport number
  • Country of passport.

If you do not remember your TRN you can request for it to be sent to you through your ImmiAccount. Unfortunately applications with only a Saved ID cannot be retrieved.

[h=3]Guidelines on attaching documents to an online application [/h]This information offers you guidance in attaching documents to your online visa application. You can attach documents once you have submitted and paid for your application, until it is finalised by the us.

Please check the relevant document checklist for the subclass you are applying for to see which documents to attach to your application.

Note: Only attach copies of your passport pages if we have requested you to do so, or if your passport information is different from that entered into your online application.

File naming tips

When naming your files to be attached to an online application only use numbers 0–9 and letters A–Z (upper and lower case), dashes '–' and underscores '_'.

You must avoid using spaces ' ', periods '.', ampersand '&', hash '#', star '*', exclamation marks '!', quotations ‘’ "" and any other character that is not a letter, a number, a dash or an underscore.

Compressed files

We are not able to accept files that have been compressed. A compressed file is a container for documents, programs or other files that have been packaged together and reduced in size.

A common example is files compressed using WinZip® with a ‘.zip’ file extension. If the document you are attempting to attach is too large we recommend that you create a PDF document.

See: https://createpdf.adobe.com/

What can you attach?

We are able to accept the following file formats up to 5 MB in size:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH]Extension[/TH]

[TH=colspan: 1]​File type[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left].BMP[/TD]

[TD=align: left]​Bitmap image file[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].DOC

[/TD]

[TD]​Microsoft Word 2002 or older document[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].DOCX

[/TD]

[TD]​Microsoft Word 2007 document[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].DOT

[/TD]

[TD]​Microsoft Word 2003 template[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].GIF

[/TD]

[TD]​Graphics Interchange Format image or graphics file[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].JPG

[/TD]

[TD]​JPEG image file[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].PDF

[/TD]

[TD]​Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].PPT

[/TD]

[TD]​Microsoft PowerPoint presentation document[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].RTF

[/TD]

[TD]​Rich Text Format document[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].TXT

[/TD]

[TD]​Text file[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].XLS

[/TD]

[TD]​Microsoft Excel spreadsheet document[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The following table details the maximum number of files you are able to attach to each online application.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH]Application type

[/TH]

[TH=colspan: 1]Maximum number of files[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ENS/RSMS

Nomination

Sponsorship

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]eVisitor[/TD]

[TD=align: right]30

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Partner

[/TD]

[TD=align: right]60 per applicant

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Resident Return

[/TD]

[TD=align: right]30

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled Migration

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Student

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Temporary Work (Short Stay)

[/TD]

[TD]

60 per applicant

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Visitor

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Temporary Work (Skilled) visa 457

Nomination

Sponsorship

Application

[/TD]

[TD]

60 per applicant

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Working Holiday[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Tips for reducing file size

The following table contains tips for reducing the size of your attachments:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH=width: 66]Extension

[/TH]

[TH=width: 63, colspan: 1]​File type[/TH]

[TH=width: 371, colspan: 1]​Tip to reduce file size[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].BMP[/TD]

[TD]​Bitmap image[/TD]

[TD]​Use a freeware graphics program to convert .BMP files to .JPG files. [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].DOC[/TD]

[TD]​Word document[/TD]

[TD]​Remove unnecessary images, formatting and macros. Save the file as a Word 5.0/95 version. If the file is still too large, create a PDF document.

See: http://createpdf.adobe.com/[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].DOCX[/TD]

[TD]​Word 2007 document[/TD]

[TD]​Remove unnecessary images, formatting and macros. If the file is still too large, create a PDF document.

See: http://createpdf.adobe.com/[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].DOT[/TD]

[TD]​Word template[/TD]

[TD]​Remove unnecessary images and macros. If template functionality is not necessary, save the file as a .DOC or .RTF file.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].GIF[/TD]

[TD]​GIF image[/TD]

[TD]​Reduce the file size of a .GIF image by setting the resolution to 96 DPI (dots per inch). [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].JPG[/TD]

[TD]​JPG image[/TD]

[TD]​Reduce the file size of a .JPG image by setting the resolution to 96 DPI (dots per inch).[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].PDF[/TD]

[TD]​Portable document format[/TD]

[TD]Reduce the file size of a .PDF document by:

• Recreating the PDF with Distiller set to 'lowest file size'.
  • Ensuring that all images in the PDF are set to 96 DPI.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].PPT[/TD]

[TD]PowerPoint[/TD]

[TD]Save the file as a RTF or DOC file or create a PDF document.

See: http://createpdf.adobe.com/

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].RTF[/TD]

[TD]Rich text format[/TD]

[TD]Remove any unnecessary graphics, links or formatting.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].TXT[/TD]

[TD]Text file[/TD]

[TD]If a bare text file is over 500 kB, it will be physically too long to be useful. Consider splitting the document into more useful parts or removing unnecessary data.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].XLS[/TD]

[TD]Excel Spreadsheet[/TD]

[TD]Remove unnecessary images and macros. Save the file as an Excel 5.0/95 version.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[h=2]Citizenship application[/h]

To attach documents to your Citizenship application you will need to use your unique Transaction Reference Number (TRN) and the Password that you supplied when the application was created and saved.

[h=2]Help[/h] For more information on your eVisa application

See: eVisa FAQ

• 3 years later...

Hi I am sorry if I am going off topic. 

On my partner visa for prospective marriage, additional information is requested. The info they asked to provide has already been uploaded many months ago however my question now is how do I reupload the requested information? The application allows for the attachment of a maximum of 60 attachments I have filled that quota. Where do I submit/upload the information requested.

The e mail to me does say that I upload to the immiaccount but not how I do it. I tried my luck again, with the attachment option (as now the button was highlighted) but an error saying I have already attached the required no of documents.

Any suggestions or a step-by-step guide to attaching additional info (>60 documents) will be much appreciated.

34 minutes ago, Nikisha said:

Hi I am sorry if I am going off topic. 

On my partner visa for prospective marriage, additional information is requested. The info they asked to provide has already been uploaded many months ago however my question now is how do I reupload the requested information? The application allows for the attachment of a maximum of 60 attachments I have filled that quota. Where do I submit/upload the information requested.

The e mail to me does say that I upload to the immiaccount but not how I do it. I tried my luck again, with the attachment option (as now the button was highlighted) but an error saying I have already attached the required no of documents.

Any suggestions or a step-by-step guide to attaching additional info (>60 documents) will be much appreciated.

Contact your CO by email and attach the documents to the email. You can't exceed the 60 attachments.You could also let your CO know you have already uploaded them, they may have just been overlooked. 

My apologies by 'CO' u mean case officer?

To my understanding a CO is an individual that is assigned to my case I however got an email from the immigration office (where generic queries  are handled) rather than a person who works at the departments email address at the immigration office (i.e Sandra.immigration@dfat....). Am I to assumed that I have a CO? 

What in my correspondence will let me know that I have a CO? Is there something unique or distinguishing that lets me know that?

Ps I do now have an application ID number !!

33 minutes ago, Nikisha said:

My apologies by 'CO' u mean case officer?

To my understanding a CO is an individual that is assigned to my case I however got an email from the immigration office (where generic queries  are handled) rather than a person who works at the departments email address at the immigration office (i.e Sandra.immigration@dfat....). Am I to assumed that I have a CO? 

What in my correspondence will let me know that I have a CO? Is there something unique or distinguishing that lets me know that?

Ps I do now have an application ID number !!

You clearly have a CO looking at the file if you have been asked for information. A department is an entity, it cannot request stuff, only a person can do that. 

Reply to the email you have got, with the file reference number in the title line, and attach the documents.  The email will then be passed on to whoever is dealing with that file number.