489 family sponsored visa! Help!

emmajane051

Hi all I'm new to this forum

my name is Emma and I've just recently returned from Australia on a family holiday visiting my dad. My husband is a diesel mechanic so is on the skills shortage list. I have researched the visas and I think my dad can sponsor us as he is an Australian resident and has beenAustralia for about 18 years I did use to have a permanent resident visa as a child but it has now expired so I could reapply for a resident return visa but then I would have to get my husband a visa and my two children aged 5 and 1 and it's coming up about

£3-4000

so I thought I would see about this way but can't seem to find how much it is so my question is how much is the family sponsored visa for my family?

I know it's points tested so you need over 60 which we have I think we have 85 as my younger stepbrother is Australian he is 13.

Thanks emma

Hi all I'm new to this forum

my name is Emma and I've just recently returned from Australia on a family holiday visiting my dad. My husband is a diesel mechanic so is on the skills shortage list. I have researched the visas and I think my dad can sponsor us as he is an Australian resident and has beenAustralia for about 18 years I did use to have a permanent resident visa as a child but it has now expired so I could reapply for a resident return visa but then I would have to get my husband a visa and my two children aged 5 and 1 and it's coming up about

£3-4000

so I thought I would see about this way but can't seem to find how much it is so my question is how much is the family sponsored visa for my family?

I know it's points tested so you need over 60 which we have I think we have 85 as my younger stepbrother is Australian he is 13.

Thanks emma

Permanent visas cost pretty much the same, be it a partner or skilled migrant visa, the isn't much in it. Are you going to see if you can get the RRV visa first? A long shot, but you might as well, I have seen them granted in situations where you might not expect it.

If you cannot get the RRV, then skilled migration it is. But don't bother with family sponsorship, it leads to a poorer quality if visa and if you can get the points you are better off with an independent visa. You don't need 85 points, take care not to over claim, it just makes your application harder (more points to prove). I am puzzled as to why you think your 13 year old step broth could influence your points, he can't.

Thankyou for your reply right i won't go down that root then and I only thought he could as my dad said he could by step I meant he has the same dad but not mum incase that makes a difference but it probably doesn't lol! My dad must of got that bit wrong I phoned up the London embassy place and queried the rr visa they said I would probably get the shorter one first I can Remember if they said 155 or 157 one now but the. I read somewhere that once granted you may have to return upto three months from date it was granted and I am worried the the childrens and husbands won't come in time for all of us to go together? Would Ian be able to get a partner one if I was in the uk when we applied? Just confused what way is best to go thanks so much forgive help :)

Thankyou for your reply right i won't go down that root then and I only thought he could as my dad said he could by step I meant he has the same dad but not mum incase that makes a difference but it probably doesn't lol! My dad must of got that bit wrong I phoned up the London embassy place and queried the rr visa they said I would probably get the shorter one first I can Remember if they said 155 or 157 one now but the. I read somewhere that once granted you may have to return upto three months from date it was granted and I am worried the the childrens and husbands won't come in time for all of us to go together? Would Ian be able to get a partner one if I was in the uk when we applied? Just confused what way is best to go thanks so much forgive help :)

Step brother / half brother / full brother and it still makes absolutely no difference to your points score.

If you were granted a RRV from overseas I would very much doubt it would be three months, these are mainly granted to onshore applicants that need to make an emergency trip and don't qualify for a longer one. I believe you would get the one year RRV if anything.

The moment that is granted, you should lodge a partner visa application and with luck that would arrive before your RRV runs out I believe they are taking more like 8 or 9 months at the moment so it should be ok.

Step brother / half brother / full brother and it still makes absolutely no difference to your points score.

If you were granted a RRV from overseas I would very much doubt it would be three months, these are mainly granted to onshore applicants that need to make an emergency trip and don't qualify for a longer one. I believe you would get the one year RRV if anything.

The moment that is granted, you should lodge a partner visa application and with luck that would arrive before your RRV runs out I believe they are taking more like 8 or 9 months at the moment so it should be ok.

Is there not a usually resident requirement for a PR to sponsor someone on a partner visa?

If you want a partner visa, you'd need to try to get your RRV and then hope you could sponsor him. However as Engaus said, there's a "usually resident" criteria for PR sponsors expecting them to live in Australia before sponsoring a partner.

The timing for a skilled visa will depend - your husband needs to get a positive skills assessment which will take some time depending on how he acquired his qualification (formal education + experience is quicker than if he doesn't have formal education). If he needs points for English then you need to factor in time to get the IELTS results needed - some people get what they need first try and others need several attempts.

And one last question sorry! Would I be able to put our two children on that application or as they our mine too wouldn't they be allowed and I would need to do a child 101 visa? X

I have seen loads of people sponsor a partner despite not being resident, but talk to an agent if that would provide more comfort. The children would be added to the application.

No, an agent would be a registered Migration Agent (you can refer to the OMARA website to locate agents, or you can use one of those who posts here regularly and are well-respected - WRussell, Alan Collett).

You don't need to be employed to sponsor him but it's helpful if you (as a couple) demonstrate how you'll support yourselves (copies of tax returns to demonstrate employability, eg.)

You include your children as dependents on his visa.

Archived