Employment advice

alnvic59

Hello

I am after advice regarding employment prospects in AU. I currently have family in Perth WA who emigrated from the UK 18 months ago, we visited them for three weeks in Jan this year and have made the decision that we want to follow them. I am currently a store Manager for Aldi but have seven years military experience (Royal Marines) followed by eighteen years Policing experience. I have joined this site today and am serious in emigrating to WA, i would like to know what i need to do first in terms of visas/jobs. Am i best applying for the Police in WA or apply for management roles. I am obviously new to this and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Alex

Hello

I am after advice regarding employment prospects in AU. I currently have family in Perth WA who emigrated from the UK 18 months ago, we visited them for three weeks in Jan this year and have made the decision that we want to follow them. I am currently a store Manager for Aldi but have seven years military experience (Royal Marines) followed by eighteen years Policing experience. I have joined this site today and am serious in emigrating to WA, i would like to know what i need to do first in terms of visas/jobs. Am i best applying for the Police in WA or apply for management roles. I am obviously new to this and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Alex

I think you might be better off consulting an agent, as the path ahead for you doesn't look at all clear to me.

You could indeed wait for an international recruitment drive by one of the police forces, but they don't happen very often and I am wondering if you would be disadvantaged by not being a current member of the force.

I also don't fancy your chances with applying for management roles, there are generally enough managers to go around here already and unemployment is 6.5% and on an upwards trend. No harm in trying of course, it is just a very long shot I feel.

How old are you by the way?

It's one thing to get the visa, and another thing to get the job.

Not sure which visa stream might apply. But Aldi is going gangbusters here, and I hear they are also starting up in NT and WA. I'm pretty sure they're using the same tried and tested business systems from Europe, so that might stand you in good stead.

Archived