ACS Skills Assessment Employer references - projects and technologies?

Kurt

Hello all,

I'm about to contact former employers in order to obtain reference letters according to the ACS format.

The ACS does not ask for technologies used and projects worked on but I've gathered that a couple of people in forums say it helps to put those in as it would help the assessor assess your skills better. Is that right? Should I ask for this level of granularity in the references?

Thanks,

Kurt

Yes I would - and i did.

I basically completed a statement of service letter, outlining which projects i worked on in the format:

"To whom it may concern

I confirm that XXXXX was employed by XXXXXas a full time, permanent XXXX from XXXX to XXXXX.

Role included:

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

xxxxx

etc

I then contacted previous line managers and colleagues, asking them, if they were happy to sign the letters and print out on headed paper etc and send back to me.

Any formal ref letter will only really include job title and dates of employment - this shows the detail needed to prove you did what you said you did.

I got all that together from all the previous companys (including one that had gone bust) and sent that off to ACS. Took about 12 weeks to get a positive response.

Archived