Work experience points

Jilldesp

Hi, wondering if anyone can help! My skills assessment has gone in a while ago but now they want the exact date of my reduced hours?! I have worked for 18 years as a midwife. The first 9 years were full time then 22.5 hours for a few years, then 15 hours until 2009/10 whilst kids small, and then 22.5 hrs up until march this year when I went up to 30 hrs a week. Does or will this affect my points?! I assumed I would get 20 points for experience and years in job. I know it does include hours worked but for how many years? I am wondering h they r asking and am getting worried. I get 15 points for age. 15 for degree. 5 points for my husbands job also being on the list and then I thought 20 for experience plus 20 for ielts?! Have I calculated this right? Why do ANMAC want to know when my hours changed? Should I b worried or not?

any response/advice would b really appreciated! Thanks xxx

ANMAC don't assess your points, they just do the skills assessment.

However when you come to the visa application, take care with your points. You certainly cannot count the years you worked only 15 hours a week but you are not clear on how long that was for in your post, you will need to be a lot more specific with your dates yes.

In any case the very most you can get for work experience outside Australia is 15, which is for eight years in last ten and you can only count the experience 20 hours per week. You cannot get 5 points because your husband is on the list either, he has to pass a skills assessment too and meet other criteria for those points.

ANMAC don't assess your points, they just do the skills assessment.

However when you come to the visa application, take care with your points. You certainly cannot count the years you worked only 15 hours a week but you are not clear on how long that was for in your post, you will need to be a lot more specific with your dates yes.

In any case the very most you can get for work experience outside Australia is 15, which is for eight years in last ten and you can only count the experience 20 hours per week. You cannot get 5 points because your husband is on the list either, he has to pass a skills assessment too and meet other criteria for those points.

I wonder why ANMAC have requested a date then if they don't award skills? My solicitor thought it was odd and didn't see the relevance of their enquiry.

I wonder why ANMAC have requested a date then if they don't award skills? My solicitor thought it was odd and didn't see the relevance of their enquiry.

I would just answer it. Because from what you have written, you do need to get this clarified for yourself anyway, I think you are over estimating the points you will have.

I would just answer it. Because from what you have written, you do need to get this clarified for yourself anyway, I think you are over estimating the points you will have.

Thanks for response. I still don't know y ANMAC need to know this info if they don't issue points. They have my employment info snd I am alreafy registered in Australia as a midwife. I have calculated my points using an online calculator and obviously my soliciter has done this as well. I can only go by that?!

Although Anmac dont give points direct they assess not just skills but whether work experience is relevant which then counts towards points. I had to provide letters from HR covering the previous 10 years with positions filled and hours worked along with professional references. This was then ackowledged on the LOD provided from Anmac which I then submitted with EOI. Hiwever I then had to provide further evidence of paid income to immigration proving the hours I worked over the previous 10 years.

Although Anmac dont give points direct they assess not just skills but whether work experience is relevant which then counts towards points. I had to provide letters from HR covering the previous 10 years with positions filled and hours worked along with professional references. This was then ackowledged on the LOD provided from Anmac which I then submitted with EOI. Hiwever I then had to provide further evidence of paid income to immigration proving the hours I worked over the previous 10 years.

Thanks for reply! They already have HR info re my employment over last 10 years that's y I was confused with the further request because my 22.5 hrs that I worked at the time is stated in the HR info that they have?! They want the exact date though. Anyway, the employment history is another worry as I have a letter from my employer saying that I have worked for them for 15 years but I don't have all my p60's only until 2008! I'm worrying about that now as well; but my agent doesn't think it will b a problem. I hope not! Xx

Thanks for response. I still don't know y ANMAC need to know this info if they don't issue points. They have my employment info snd I am alreafy registered in Australia as a midwife. I have calculated my points using an online calculator and obviously my soliciter has done this as well. I can only go by that?!

Well from above you calculated 20 points, which is wrong as it is not even possible to get 20 points for work experience unless you have been working in Australia all this time which I assume you have not been. So you are definitely calculating points incorrectly.

Also, you have indicated you worked 15 hours a week for a length of time, so this also cannot be counted. You have done this wrong, you need to look at it again. Online calculators are only a good as the information you put in.

If you want to argue with ANMAC that they don't need to know your hours then go right ahead, but I cannot see how his will help you or why this is a secret you want to keep. At some point you are going to have to reveal when you did 15 hours versus when you did 22.5 hours, it is very important to your application and to be honest you might as well clarify it now rather than later when you risk losing thousands of pounds in a visa application.

Edited by Pumpkin

Thanks for reply! They already have HR info re my employment over last 10 years that's y I was confused with the further request because my 22.5 hrs that I worked at the time is stated in the HR info that they have?! They want the exact date though. Anyway, the employment history is another worry as I have a letter from my employer saying that I have worked for them for 15 years but I don't have all my p60's only until 2008! I'm worrying about that now as well; but my agent doesn't think it will b a problem. I hope not! Xx

I only had about 5 years of P60s but the national insurance office will provide your full wok history contibutions free of charge, thats hst I used to prove income.

Well from above you calculated 20 points, which is wrong as it is not even possible to get 20 points for work experience unless you have been working in Australia all this time which I assume you have not been. So you are definitely calculating points incorrectly.

Also, you have indicated you worked 15 hours a week for a length of time, so this also cannot be counted. You have done this wrong, you need to look at it again. Online calculators are only a good as the information you put in.

If you want to argue with ANMAC that they don't need to know your hours then go right ahead, but I cannot see how his will help you or why this is a secret you want to keep. At some point you are going to have to reveal when you did 15 hours versus when you did 22.5 hours, it is very important to your application and to be honest you might as well clarify it now rather than later when you risk losing thousands of pounds in a visa application.

Yes I have miscalculated work experience it's 15 points not 20! My intention is not to hide anything from ANMAC which would b ridiculous and I am using an immigration expert. I just didn't want my employer to know of my plans! X

From this do I read that you have worked 15 hours a week from approx 2005 - 2009/2010?

That would not meet the 'At least 20 hours per week in the last 10 years'.

Im no expert but I would have thought depending on exact dates you could only claim 5 or 10 points depending if you have 5 or more years in the last 10 @ 20 hours..

Yes I have miscalculated work experience it's 15 points not 20! My intention is not to hide anything from ANMAC which would b ridiculous and I am using an immigration expert. I just didn't want my employer to know of my plans! X

You are just not listening (reading). You cannot claim work experience for the years you only worked 15 hours. To get 15 points you need to have worked full time for 8 of the last ten years and it is just not clear that you have done that.

From this do I read that you have worked 15 hours a week from approx 2005 - 2009/2010?

That would not meet the 'At least 20 hours per week in the last 10 years'.

Im no expert but I would have thought depending on exact dates you could only claim 5 or 10 points depending if you have 5 or more years in the last 10 @ 20 hours..

Edited by Pumpkin