Shipping from Ireland

MightyBelle

Hi all,

new to the forums and loads of great information on it. The one thing I didn't come across was if anyone knows of good shipping companies in Ireland that will do the full move.. packing, delivery and unloading. It seems there is a few great ones in the UK but just wondering which is good from Dublin.

All the best M

Hello and welcome,

all our stuff was loaded into our 20' container yesterday and is expected into Melbourne in the 2/10/14. so i guess the proof of the pudding is getting there and unwrapping it to see if it's all in one piece, but the company were excellent. we went with White & company because they were offering a free period of storage as we needed to store our stuff as we sold our house super quick. having the free storage saved us £60+vat a week, so quite significant savings. they were affiliated with all the right organisations too, so was a no brainer really.

we also went with a different insurance company - insure your move, who again are significantly cheaper and offer a better service in mu opinion.

hope that helped.

good luck with your move

Pip

Hi there

We used Nat Ross based in Cork. But they do nationwide. We packed ourselves to save money but we did not have much stuff really and had a car. Used a 40ft. Couple of crockery items broken but we did the packing so that was ok I guess. The crowd they used in Brisbane were not as efficient at getting our car released and messed us around a bit I think but when you are not used to the system you go with the flow.

We got a great guy in Brisbane to deal with our car could not have been more proactive. Hope this helps.

Unit 14

Southside Industrial Estate

Pouladuff Road

Cork

Ireland

Tel: + 353 (0)21 4968539

Fax: + 353 (0)21 4312418

Thanks skippy. . Any idea on costs and when you say you packed yourselfs. . Does that mean you packed and loaded the container. . Or did you pack and got it lifted from the house. Also is there a big difference in the price of a 20ft compared to a 40ft.

We got on quote which was a little bit steep.. 5500 for a 20ft but the pack. We had 300 cubic feet left over but it was 2500 to send in groupage.

Thanks again M

Hi M

Approx €6k for 40ft with car and stuff we did not fill the container by any means approx 650 cu ft. Extra Cu ft would have been charged more. Packed ourselves and was picked up and bought to container.

Were going to try and fit in 20ft, by racking and stacking etc but no way was it going to fit so just went for the 40ft and put in a few bits extra. Bedding very expensive here so if they are good bring them or buy new mattresses etc...Where r u going to as it might be cheaper. We got some prices but nothing as good as that and not very helpful at returning calls/emails from other companies etc

This was door to door for furniture - over 2 hours from port - car pick up from port once you have it cleared etc. Whole other drama there..............

Try to negotiate a bit when you get a quote

AUD 870 on top for quarentine fees for the furniture

Hope this helps

Thanks a million skippy. Was just smiling at your alias.. I see you have blended in already. So maybe 7500 isn't bad then.. as they pack and unpack both ends and have an agent in each port. Funny you mention the mattress. . As ours are ready for a change so good call.

We have a 2006 5 series BMW but didn't think it would be worth bringing so we were just going to sell here. It's in good nick but I think we need to hold onto it over there for 2 years if we bring it in as personal.

We are heading to Melbourne in December and can't wait. Sold house and we were going to leave furniture as we thought all houses where furnished from the pictures on Web sites but that's the opposite I hear. Plus a home from home will be nice with our old furniture.

Anything else you would recommend that we bring skippy apart from Tayto lol[emoji2]

Edited by MightyBelle