Visa Granted

beastmaster2452

My VISA was granted on the 14 March 2008, and I'm off to Wagga Wagg NSW as I have joined the Australian Defence Force. It's only taken 3 years but what a result, my wife Samantha and my three girls Marissa 8, Bethany 6 and Paige 4 are over the moon. The only problem I have now is getting to the UK alive, in one piece, fit and healthy as I'm still serving in Afghanistan (Helmand) with the British Army. Flights to Australia are pre-booked for the 3 November 2008, CANT WAIT.

All the best to everyone still waiting on there VISA'S.

Matt & Family

:smile:

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Matt n Samantha, and glitteryourway920e7d41qz1.gif

Congratulations on already having your visa.

How long have to still got to do, until you come home?

Good luck and best wishes for a safe return

KP Nuts

Guest griggsy

Good luck mate and well done on getting your visa the 3 months will fly by knowing you and your family . will soom be enjoying a new life

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Matt, are you there now or when do you go back? I see you and your family are from Essex, and we will be having an Essex meet up sometime in June, if your around to make it, keep an eye out for the details nearer the time, or Samantha.

KP Nuts

Guest leanneandmark

Hey there Mark was in 1 Para for 9 yrs, so i feel for you out there.

Congratulations on your Visa, and keep safe.

love to your all girls back home.:wubclub:

Leanne

Hello KP Nuts,

I'm in Afghanistan now, I'm just waiting on my Commanding Officer to make a decision when I can come home, hopefully it will be in time for the meet up, that would be really nice. Could you please send an email to beastmaster2452@hotmail.com when the meeting is taken place, that way my wife Samantha will also get to see it as she has access to my emails as well, and she does'nt use POI, just me but I will keep a look out.

Many Thanks, All the Best

Matt & Family

Guest Susie

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING YOUR VISA AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE MOVE!!

HOPE THE TIME FLIES FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Guest Badal

:jiggy:Congratulations on getting your visa's!!!

Wishing you and your family all the very best, STAY SAFE!!

Lynne

Badal

Guest whitts

hi mat

Can I ask did you have your end date for leaving the army before you applied for your visa? My brother is in the navy and been told can not apply untill he has a leave date.

Any advice would be good.

safe return home as well.

Yvonne (Whitts)

Hi Yvonne,

When I applied to join the Australian Defence Force I still had 9 years to push if I wanted. I was advised not to sign off until I had be giving a Labour Agreement (army contract) and they knew that once I have been giving the Labour Agreement I would sign off from the British Army. They also knew that I would have top give 1 years notice to the British Army, I was lucky that my Commanding Officer it letting me leave 3 months earler than I should.

If your brother signs off and the Australian Navy/Army don't except him he is then left with no job or career. If he wants to join the Australian Army then get him to email this address: scma.osenlist@defence.gov.au or Tel: 0061 3 5258 0637

Regards

Matt & Family

Guest whitts

Thanks Mat for reply

My bro has done his 21 years but extended for another 5 years but if he gets job in civy street the navy will let him go early, if he gets front line posting in August he is handing in his notice anyway.

But thanks again for the info.

Yvonne

Guest carolans

:jiggy:Congratulations!!:jiggy:

I hope the next three months pass safely so that your life down under can get underway

Zoë

Archived