what do we do ?

Juliep

we have PR in oz but are back in uk our label says we need to return by june 2015 my daughter got married last month and wants to get the partner visa for him but this I hear is taking 10-14 months which would mean our visa label will have expired what can we do please ???

Can they not apply once in Aus and go the onshore visa route? It gives works rights to the applicant while the application is being processed. So long as they are a couple and can prove this to the requirements listed for the partner visa I don't see why this could not be considered as to if its a viable option.

A short stay tourist visa is what people get usually

There are lots of threads where this is discussed. You can read up on the on shore application on the immi site and download the partner visa migration booklet on it all about applying on shore. Costs a bit more, taking about 13 months currently but work rights are given on bridging visa.

You just have to be a bit careful that they don't think he is going to be anything other than a tourist though cos they can and will send him back if they suspect he is not a bone fide tourist. He can apply off shore then go on a tourist visa and leave before his spouse visa is issued - quick trip off to NZ and back