189 visa lodged in july 2014

@godisgreat4all I think it's fair to say the visa process and allocation of case officers varies depending on where you are from and what type of visa you are applying for etc but at the minute there seems to be a bit of a pattern with peple being allocated case officers around 10-13 weeks after lodging the visa and paying the fee... this rang true for us and some other people we know so in theory if you lodged on the 17th September then you should be allocated a case officer around the end of November?? Good luck!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@godisgreat4all I think it's fair to say the visa process and allocation of case officers varies depending on where you are from and what type of visa you are applying for etc but at the minute there seems to be a bit of a pattern with peple being allocated case officers around 10-13 weeks after lodging the visa and paying the fee... this rang true for us and some other people we know so in theory if you lodged on the 17th September then you should be allocated a case officer around the end of November?? Good luck!

Sounds good to me. We applied on the 15th and have medicals booked on on 28th October. I was not expecting any action until mid November (earliest). We were hoping to get a grant before Xmas

@Matthewroberts I think you're wise booking your medicals now because at least then you can either upload thewm before getting asked or have the results waiting to be uploaded as soon as your case officer requests them - we were advised to wait until ours were requested, which we have done and we're going to have them done on Saturday so hopefully it won't be long after that until the visa comes through. Good luck :)

I forget exact dates sorry but if I remember rightly my husband had a successful skills assessment through the TRA in avbout February, IELTS passed in April, EOI received 25th July and our visa lodged and the fee paid for a 189 around the 28th July. Case officer allocated and medicals and police checks requested 13th October.

Hey! Well I don't have a timeline as such, as it's my wife who is the main applicant. But I do all the stuff with her and am more computer/tech orientated and go on here more.

She cleared 2 different IELTS January (academic 7s) and march (standard 8s).

Then she did Anmac for skills assessment. THe LOD came back in July. She applied to Ahpra in July and got an LOD back off that late August. From here she knew we could work in Oz and we did an EOI.

They sent an invite early sept and we lodged in 15 sept.

We had already done Police checks as they are cheap. And we have our medicals (x5) booked for 28th oct.

We don't have a planned date to move yet. It'll prob be june or July 2015. We have to register to work before end of August.

Moving all 5 of us and a dog might take quite some organising, so we decided to not worry about it til after xmas anyway.

Sorry if this isn't in the preferred timeline format!

Edited by Captain Roberto

Hey! Well I don't have a timeline as such, as it's my wife who is the main applicant. But I do all the stuff with her and am more computer/tech orientated and go on here more.

She cleared 2 different IELTS January (academic 7s) and march (standard 8s).

Then she did Anmac for skills assessment. THe LOD came back in July. She applied to Ahpra in July and got an LOD back off that late August. From here she knew we could work in Oz and we did an EOI.

They sent an invite early sept and we lodged in 15 sept.

We had already done Police checks as they are cheap. And we have our medicals (x5) booked for 28th oct.

We don't have a planned date to move yet. It'll prob be june or July 2015. We have to register to work before end of August.

Moving all 5 of us and a dog might take quite some organising, so we decided to not worry about it til after xmas anyway.

Sorry if this isn't in the preferred timeline format!

Its fine, so we are back to back :smile:. Mine is on 17th Sep. Done my medical in the last week and probably the report has been added too. I will do my PCC from India in this Nov and that is the last thing to upload.

Hi everyone

big congrats to everyone that has received their grants over the past few days :) hopefully it's not long for the rest of us

i am still yet to hear anything, there's been many sleepless nights lately hehe

xxxx

You are right, I am literally counting each and every day. Donno when I will get :arghh:

Hi,

sounds like everyone is getting results. Hoping for mine any day now :yes:

IELTS June 2014 s.9 r.8.5 w8.5 l.8

vetassess march 2014

PCC and health May 2014

invite July 2014

Applied 29th July 2014 also front loaded all documents incl form 80!!!!

Case officer ????????

grant ???????

Hey everyone congrats on lodging your visas! Were just getting everything together now to submit! Can I ask once a visa is given and the whole having 12 months to validate it - is that from the date visa was issued or police checks date as I have read various other forums and all different responses! Any advice would be great and good luck to you all waiting hope you get your visas soon xxxx

Guys I have one doubt,

My first employer from India sent me to Canada in deputation. for the year 2009 and 2010. So as employment reference, I have provided my Canadian work permit, certified deputation letter, last six months' notarized/certified payslips and certified tax slips for the 2 years.

1) Are these evidence enough as I do not have my Canadian bank's statement and payslip for all the months ?

2) I have certified my Canadian payslips (6 months) and tax slips(2009 and 2010) from my current city in India. Is that fine ?

Please reply

Hello Everyone

I have been following this thread for a while and it has been really helpful. My wife and I got our PR (189) granted yesterday and thought to share the timelines.

ACS Applied: 30th May 2014

ACS Granted: 23rd June

EOI Submitted: 27th June

Invite: 15th July

189 Visa Lodged: 17th July

Started collecting relevant documents and front loaded everything except Australian PCC (a slip on my part)

CO: 26th Sep (asked for an Australian PCC)

Australian PCC Submitted: 3rd Oct

Visa Grant: 21st Oct

It was an agonizing wait! Glad its over:jiggy:

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Cheers

S

Hey everyone congrats on lodging your visas! Were just getting everything together now to submit! Can I ask once a visa is given and the whole having 12 months to validate it - is that from the date visa was issued or police checks date as I have read various other forums and all different responses! Any advice would be great and good luck to you all waiting hope you get your visas soon xxxx

The date to validate is usually 12 months from the date of your earliest PCC or medical.